Profile Picture

iClone5 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
nicholis.muller
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
hi all, one more issue. Iclone 5 is not allowing me to save photoshop as my image editor. It keeps reverting to my old program when I exit. Any ideas whats going on?

Nick
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@nick - this release of iclone has both the 32 and 64 bit together, maybe you have to edit both preferences ? I'm still using my same photo editor ....so I don't have that issue but thats the first thing I'd check if I did.

I'm guessing you changed it on the 64 bit version but the 32 bit version may be overriding the setting and acting as the default.

on the water turning black thing, another wild guess, make sure you have the most recent Direct x 9 - again, not experiencing that issue, but thats the first thing I'd check on that as well. - I know this 5.2 version of iclone did add a few extra updated direct x files for me, and i'm wondering if there are some newer files your system might be missing.

Cheers.

Edited
12 Years Ago by planetstardragon
colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
iC5.2 here with Project with Water Scenes. No such problem here. However, you need to have Pixel Shading selected, otherwise Water will be black. 
nicholis.muller (4/19/2012)
Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help .. ever since I updated to the 5.2 patch, every single scene with water the water is turning up either black or grey. No matter what I do I cnat seem to get it fixed. PLEASE help !!!

Nick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
gnasche (4/19/2012)
Issue (Maybe new): When you add an avatar, it will blink for the duration of the project's "Animation Length" (frames). However, if you extend the Animation Length (add more frames), the character will not blink beyond the original Animation Length.

Reproduce:
1) Open New Project (Default Animation Length: 1800 frames)
2) Add human avatar with normal blinking
3) Change project to 3000 frames
4) Play the animation and observe that the avatar only blinks for 1800 frames

It's very possible that this issue existed before 5.2 and I just never noticed. I tested with iClone Pro 5.2 32-bit.

Thanks!

Not a bug. Wink

This has been around for many versions. The "idle" motion is automatically generated for the default length which is 1800 frames in iClone5 and won't automatically continue if the length is changed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help .. ever since I updated to the 5.2 patch, every single scene with water the water is turning up either black or grey. No matter what I do I cnat seem to get it fixed. PLEASE help !!!

Nick

Hi Nick

As colour has already suggested. Ensure you have Pixel Shader on, this may be the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
ya, or that, ever since my new video card, i just stay in pixel mode....i forgot about the water being black in other modes! lol Whistling

SantiagoJJJr
SantiagoJJJr
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
hi all, one more issue. Iclone 5 is not allowing me to save photoshop as my image editor. It keeps reverting to my old program when I exit. Any ideas whats going on?

Nick

I ran into the same problem when I was changing my image editor. You must start IClone as an admininiastor, (Win7 right click on .exe and rum as admin. It should work and change both versions. (32/64)
wires
wires
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last night I was making some changes to a character in IC5.2(32Bit). I can attach Accessories and add Props that are .vns files - some from iClone 2, but there is no option for opening or importing Faces that are .vns files.

"Faces" seem to be the only file type that are not supported as .vns, and since I still have a large collection of rather good - and expensive, .vns Faces I would like to know why this option/file type isn't available. IC 4.3 has the option, but I don't want to be switching from one version to another just to open a file.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wires (4/22/2012)
Last night I was making some changes to a character in IC5.2(32Bit). I can attach Accessories and add Props that are .vns files - some from iClone 2, but there is no option for opening or importing Faces that are .vns files.

"Faces" seem to be the only file type that are not supported as .vns, and since I still have a large collection of rather good - and expensive, .vns Faces I would like to know why this option/file type isn't available. IC 4.3 has the option, but I don't want to be switching from one version to another just to open a file.

Hi Gerry

Faces in the .vns format are still supported in iClone 5.2 and they will show in Content Manager if you have them in your Custom folders. You can also drag a .vns face directly into the preview window and it will be added to your avatar.

Also if you use the Import button it will only display files with the .iFace extension by default. But if you type *.vns in the filename box and hit enter it will display all the .vns files in the folder. Then you can select the one you want. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Sen
Sen
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello ,

I can't submit a ticket 'no work since 3 days ), so I post here :

edit character in 3dx5 don't work , seem to load , but nothing in 3dx5 . Drag and drop ok and open directly by 3dx5 ok.

CGTRADER

Edited
12 Years Ago by Sen

Reading This Topic