Moving characters along paths and animating them

Posted By martok2112 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
martok2112
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks, PW. I'm glad you enjoyed the animation, and found the tutorial easy to follow. Smile Since I don't have any kind of computer video capture software to make real-time video tutorials, this picture and text tutorial method is my preferred MO. I'm glad to see that it's palatable.

As for the hose and the water effects, those came from the backstage content store (I got them before the backstage store turned into what it is now), and the hose already had spray effects tied to it. So it was just a matter of figuring out how to get the effects to kick on. The spray automatically follows the aim of the nozzle. So whomever created that prop....MAJOR PROPS to ya. It works really really well. Smile

In the video, yeah, they don't seem to have a point of origin now, do they? HA HA HA! It's a magic water hose lent to her by Hermione Granger. BigGrin

I know another poster in here created a tutorial for connecting the hose to another object so that the water and hose did indeed have a point of origin. I shall have to check that out some more.

In the meantime, just for the purposes of creating the animation to path tutorial, I had to use the magical hose lent by Hermione. Smile

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

mark
mark
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hose me down as well....Tongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! BigGrin

-Martok2112

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for your time & effortSmile All Copied to my HDD.

IMO, These "Play-In-A-Day" Tuts that You, Mark, Cricky, Stuckon et al produce, are a vital part of learning iC, in that they don't concentrate on just one aspect & IMO, repetition is the only way to learn iC. Others may differ. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Most kind, Colour, thank you. I'm glad you find our tuts so useful and helpful. Smile

-Martok2112

mathahn
mathahn
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I don't understand this part:

martok2112 (6/12/2011)
In FIgure 003
Set the length of time you wish the animation to carry on. For this, I've set the animation for about 4 seconds at first. Do this by moving the slider until you come up on about 4 seconds in the digital readout at the right of the playback bar. Now, set back to frame one and replay the animation to make sure that Elizabeth tracks properly along the path. If you are unhappy with the length of time it took for her to travel to the end point, you can always go into the TIMELINE and adjust the end path key frame and the end marker TRANSFORM keyframe. Move them to the right to increase the amount of time it takes for her to travel the path, move it to the left to decrease the amount of time. In this case, I thought she'd moved a bit too fast, so I moved the end PATH and TRANSFORM keyframes to the right until I got about six seconds worth of animation. Replay. Alright, I like this travel time, so we'll stick with that.

What slider?
How do I adjust the end path key frame and the end marker transform keyframe?
Thanks.

Also, sometimes I get the character to move along the path but then he goes back to the beginning. How do I stop this? Thanks.
colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Post Deleted by meWink

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Edited
13 Years Ago by colour
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, Mathahn, this is just for you.
Now, do not feel insulted or slighted. I wrote this tutorial as best I could with the newb user in mind. According to your profile, you are a senior forum member, so I am going to presume that you have some knowledge of the user interface on iClone. This is written in case you don't.
I've broken this down about as simply as I can. I hope this helps.

This is the last time I go this far. My tutorials, whilst trying to be as friendly as possible to newbies and novices (of course, I'm NO expert Smile ), are written under the presumption that the reader has a decent basic knowledge of the iClone UI. I put a lot of time into the tutorials to begin with...and although I don't claim to be able to cover every possible issue, I do try to cover as many as comes to mind. If you do not know where to find something even after I've pointed it out in the tutorial, my only recommendation is "read the frakkin' manual".

Smile Thank you,
Steve

-Martok2112

Edited
13 Years Ago by martok2112
mathahn
mathahn
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks. I am not at all insulted or slighted. I don't know why I'm considered a "senior member".
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's ok....as someone once pointed out to me, these "titles" are really just a posting rank system. Get enough posts in, and you get the title of tutor. Smile

I'm hopeful the above tutorial will help you out. Smile

-Martok2112

Reading This Topic