Posted By Sherif.MyMail 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Crazy
Sherif.MyMail
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hello,

I've got it down somewhat now when it comes to creating new Actors from the CloneBone and CloneBone Horse rigs, but you folks have made it sooo unbelievably difficult to create a new Actor from the Legend Of Dragon clonebone rig.

For one thing, the wing bones are scrunched up in a ball in the default pose, so it is nearly impossible to see what goes where or where the bones are.

Then you give the bones names such as, "Mandible", "L_Scapula", "L_Femur", "R_Tibia", "L_Tarsus", "R_Metacarpus", "L_Hallux_01" and so on.

Why not name them things like, "L_Thigh", "L_Calf", "R_Front_Arm", etc.

Those two things combined make an already difficult task extremely difficult and time consuming. I spent all day today then gave up.

I give up every time because of the complexity and difficulty.

Any way to make it easier with the Legend of Dragon? Because otherwise it is really just a mission impossible for most people I think.

Sherif.MyMail
Edited
14 Years Ago by Sherif.MyMail
Christy0
Christy0
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Totally agree here, sherif. Nightmare time, starting it with a T_Pose would have been 100 times easier.

Student doctors who use it, will know all the bones though Hehe

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

Sherif.MyMail
Sherif.MyMail
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Hi christy0,

Thanks for your message.

Studying to get my Medical License now so that I can know how to use the Legend Of Dragon.

Yea right :-)

Sherif.MyMail
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Sherif.MyMail (3/24/2010)

For one thing, the wing bones are scrunched up in a ball in the default pose, so it is nearly impossible to see what goes where or where the bones are.

When you load up the Dragon skeleton you can Right Click and choose Open Wings. This will give you a clear view of the wing bones and make them easier to identify.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Sherif.MyMail
Sherif.MyMail
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,

Yes, I tried that several times.

Still I gave up after spending all day on it.

The Prop I try to attach to the bones change in size after I attach them.

That and the confusing bone names make it very, very, very difficult.

Sherif.MyMail
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Sherif.MyMail (3/24/2010)
Hi Peter,

Yes, I tried that several times.

Still I gave up after spending all day on it.

The Prop I try to attach to the bones change in size after I attach them.

That and the confusing bone names make it very, very, very difficult.

Sherif.MyMail

Hi Sherif.

I had the problem of props changing size after attaching -  Fairly high poly Daz components via Exchange2 which came into iClone too small no matter how big I made them in Exchange. (Lack of knowledge here). I overcame this by attaching the prop to a 3D block 'ball' - sized very small - and then attached the 'ball' to the bone structure of the Clonebone, and then resizing the ball, and therefore also the prop, to suit my requirements.

Cool gizmo

Edited
14 Years Ago by gizmo
Sherif.MyMail
Sherif.MyMail
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi gizmo,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, your solution could work... for someone who has 1,000 hours in each day to spare :-)

To do what you say with every single bone and when you don't know which bones are what because you need a Medical license first... would take some time.

But I do appreciate you looking for a workaround.

Thanks again,

Sherif.MyMail

Reading This Topic