Profile Picture

The entire Mixamo asset collection is free!

Posted By Rampa 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday

Everything at Mixamo is free for an unknown amount of time!

That means characters and animations. I just downloaded a few. They convert super easy as Maya/HumanIK. I downloaded FBX, and it duplicated my actor bazillion times, so I would recommend BVH. wink emoticon

Apparently there will be a new Fuse in the next couple weeks too.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I thought Mixamo had gotten bought by Adobe and was temporarily closed down until Adobe decided how to handle the resources.

Hmmmm, need to go over there and take a look (the last time I was there, only a few weeks ago, it was basically shut down to all but current subscribers).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Ah, yes indeed, they are starting to show their Adobe connections.  If you have an Adobe ID you can use it to login and download stuff.

But they also apparently allow you to download without an ID, so everyone really ought to take advantage (since I'm part of the Creative Cloud I'm hoping this will be available for free for my subscription price when they get things squared away).

Thanks for the heads up.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

They convert super easy as Maya/HumanIK. I downloaded FBX, and it duplicated my actor bazillion times, so I would recommend BVH. 

Um, just HOW do they convert super easy?  I tried the BVH into XChange and tried to use the Maya/HumanIK option and the T-Pose doesn't work (it bends them over in the wrong axis with no way to correct).  And even then I couldn't send to iClone properly.  Could you give me a blow-by-blow of what you are doing?

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
3doutlaw
3doutlaw
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I just did default FBX for almost the whole library...then read this, whoops!

...but I just tried the T-Pose FBX (which is one of the free poses), and it worked fine in 3dXChange6, using the Maya/IK setting.  Don't see any problems whatsoever.  Whew!!!

I am a newbie, but it looks like this is the process to get them all into iClone right?  http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/pipeline/flow_motion_fbx_import.aspx

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I actually used FBX the first time, and it worked great. Then I downloaded some more in BVH, and they did what you describe. Maybe best to stick with FBX. I need to futz with a bit more.

What I did was download a bunch of FBX files of different motions. They all were one of my fuse characters, just with different motions. The first one I downloaded was a t-pose. The fuse characters are in t-pose by default, so I probably didn't need to, but I'm not that familiar with the Fuse store, so I decided to.

I imported that t-posed character into 3DX and converted to a non-standard avatar using the Maya/HumanIK preset. I did make sure I was downloading "plain" FBX's from Mixamo, as they have flavors for Unity and a couple others.

I then imported the remaining FBX files into the Motion Library (all at once, you can multi-select). When you do that, you have an option to convert them with the current avatar's profile, or load one. I chose current, and they were all perfect.

The BVH's were all twisted though. I have just downloaded the same second batch files as FBX to try again.
3doutlaw
3doutlaw
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)Veteran Member (940 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Yea, I just tried a sample export into iClone using those same steps and it works real good!!!
Funny thing, I just bought my first animation pack yesterday, and there is a lot of similar ones in this  Sad  Timing is everything, LOL.
Quick tip, there are some "packs" in the mixamo library.  Some download as a pack, if you add them (search for "pack"), and it saves some time for download.  

26 pages of 96 animations (about 2500....well 2499 if you subtract the YMCA dance, lol)....wow, will be a busy day tomorrow, but awesome to be free!  Smile

(...on a side note, bedtime for me, but if anyone gets thru downloading all, and decides to post them in a secure location where "no-one" (cough, cough, ahem) can download them...feel free to e-mail or PM me!  Smile  Wink

Edited
9 Years Ago by 3doutlaw
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was able to download them in BVH for Max, load them into Max, and convert that way via XChange, but I'll try (tomorrow) the FBX route and see if that's easier (it isn't hard to do it in Max, but it's an extra two steps).

These are okay -- I mean the animations themselves are fine, but they are rather limited in scope.  IIRC, that was the knock on Mixamo in the first place, subscribers weren't happy with the variety of animations offered and felt they weren't being updated fast enough for the subscription price (which, again IIRC, was fairly high).  If Adobe folds this all into Creative Cloud (and it looks like at least a large part will be) then it will be a lot easier to swallow.

I'm actually *more* interested in playing around with Fuse, which looks to have some definite advantages over CC (and obvious disadvantages, at least in using it with iClone).  That is indeed going to be part of CC, so perhaps it will get a lot more tender loving care from the folks over at Adobe.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
they have a few unique gems..  For the most part though, most of the motions are generic / standard stuff.    The action stuff is nice,  they did a good job with motions where the feet are not in contact with the floor,  flying,  hanging on to ledge,  leg dangling type stuff.

there is one set of motions i would love to get my hands on,  The International Guoshu Association (IGA) collaborated with the City University of Hong Kong (CUHK) to build The Hong Kong Martial Arts Living Archive ,  they wanted to document every kung fu style they could for historical purposes,  but I don't believe it's available to the general public, or at least I didn't find a source. https://www.fringebacker.com/en/projects/HK_Martial_Arts_Living/

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I discovered you can make your own "pack" of motions at Mixamo. When you preview a motion, there is a button to add it to the pack. Once I have 15 or so, I hit the "Add To My Assets". When you go to download, you can just download the pack, and it downloads a ZIP with only 1 copy of the character, and the motions, all in FBX.
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa

Reading This Topic