Clothes IC5 IC6

Posted By Agonos 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello all Smile
There is a way
of using the clothes bought for "IC5" on a character "IC6"?
Thank you
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
You can certainly use your older clothing content in iClone 6. If the content is CloneCloth based then you should install CloneCloth into iClone 6 as well so you have all the bases. You can use any generation of character in IC6 so G3, G5 and even G2 characters and CloneCloth can be used. However you won't be able to use the clothing on the new G6 characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You can even use softbody physX on it too!
I did the Jane gown and a few others, may need to adjust collision shapes on differently scaled iAvatars, with weightmaps you can just make sleeve ends and pant hems move a bit too on the closer fitting clonecloths.

Edited
9 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
Ardent Enterprise
Ardent Enterprise
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Will there be any additional Clone Cloth clothing bases that can be used on the G6 Character Creator Models? The only clothing that I can see that is available now is contemporary and I would like to be able to build character and period clothing for the models designed and built in Character Creator.

Constance

Ardent Enterprise
Ardent Enterprise
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

I'm obviously a newbie to iClone World ... I meant to post my question below here.

Will there be any additional Clone Cloth clothing bases that can be used on the G6 Character Creator Models?

The only clothing that I can see that is available now is contemporary that comes with the bundle, which I also purchased.

I've worked in Maya and 3D Studio Max, but am gravitating to iClone so that I can just get on with storytelling instead building everything and rigging (aaargh!), but I would like to be able to customize clothing for the characters I am able to generate in Character Creator. ... I have iClone 6 ... it's an awesome product and to quote Tim Gunn, I just want to "Make it work!"

After looking here I learned I purchased the wrong product ... Should have delved in here first I guess, but was so excited about being able to create custom clothes, and even the clothing packs that could be suitable for me to modify for my characters only go up to G5 ... Please advise ASAP ... Thank you, Constance

Constance

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
These days I always need to start with a warning that I'm not the most up-to-date Iclone user but I'll try to reply and hope that someone else will correct anything wrong that I may say.
The Character Creator program was released only a few weeks ago and the paid-for Essentials pack followed immediately.  The clothing in the Essentials pack only has only a limited number of clothing types.  That situation should change soon when Reallusion will release a paid-for Character Creator Pipeline program.

I don't think any of us knows much about this Pipeline Character Creator.  Will it come with clothing bases like Clone-Cloth?  Will it allow us to make our own clothing and fit this clothing to the characters we create?  Will it leave us in the position of having to buy clothing that skilled vendors with expensive software tools will create?   I apologise if the answer to these questions is known but, since I read the Forums regularly, I think I'm correct in saying that we are still waiting to find out.

In the meantime, if you have Clone-Cloth for an earlier generation of figures, it can be worthwhile spending time using this to practice designing clothes and trying out textures for them.  If the quality isn't high enough for the Iclone productions you have in mind, it is still worthwhile to use Clone-Cloth for making prototypes of the costumes you have in mind.

Another thing to remember is that DAZ Genesis, with clothing, can be brought into Iclone with 3dXchange pro.  (that is Genesis, G2 Female & G2 Male).  DAZ figures are very high quality and lots of clothing is already available for them.   
Ardent Enterprise
Ardent Enterprise
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you! Appreciate your input ... I thought that might be the issue and that I could be jumping the gun.

I will definitely take your suggestion to run with what I have for awhile to get a handle on it. It will be interesting to see what develops, hopefully before too long.

I have been working with DAZ ... actually more so than iClone, and have used 3DXchange to send over dressed models ... a couple of the principle players in the film I'm working have been generated via that method and I'm happy with the outcome, however wanted to fine tune the wardrobe beyond what is available in DAZ ... also pricey. It adds up and Character Creator is such a great product that has allowed me to get down with some subtle features.

Thanks again ...

Constance

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Momma NaNa.
Hello again!  Thanks for your reply.  I like your cheerful attitude - you're right to go for the enjoyment factor rather than obsess about everything being state-of-the-art.  (Although I can appreciate the need some may have for that).

Since no-one contradicted my understanding of how the new Pipeline version of CC will work, I'm supposing I was broadly correct.

Sticking my neck out and hazarding a guess, I think clothes for G6 will rely on vertex groups.  In Iclone5 it was possible to use physics cloth created by vendors who used 3ds Max.  A vertex group for a mesh was created and named in Max.  The mesh was exported in .fbx format and 3dXchange was used to bring it into iclone as an iprop.

In iclone5 there was an advanced menu for physics that wasn't exposed in the interface.  With that 'semi-hidden' menu you could 'pin' the vertex group to an item in the scene.  (Just in the way a flag prop works).  I think future clothes will be able to be created using software which can export meshes with vertex groups.  I think the groups will be associated with the various parts of the character.  But I'm only guessing - I have absolutely no idea if I'm anywhere near correct but I mention this because you have Max skills

Here is a video I made from Iclone5 clips using Wil Veeke's physics cloth starter pack (I don't know if this can be used in Iclone6 I haven't checked to see if the hidden menu still exists).  I suppose it's well out of date but it does show Genesis in Iclone5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ALZHi9me2s

Edited
9 Years Ago by Grimhilda
Agonos
Agonos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi. Thank you for your answers. IN fact, I need a character with a trenchcoat IC6 as in "The Matrix". For now there is nothing approaching.
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I love it when people address this issue because it's obviously a big concern, which RL has not yet clearly addressed.  Here are links to a couple other threads discussing Clothing with respect to iClone Character Creator:

Conforming Clothing: 3 Methods

Make Clothing from Scratch - and Conform it in iClone

HAIR (and anything else) from DAZ to CC-Created Characters (TUTORIAL)

Reading This Topic