Game Design Theory, WTF?!

Posted By planetstardragon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
but the video explains something that makes perfect sense that you didn't say ...

You need an explanation of how he got there, why he's there and what's his goal...
my track explains the mood setting - but it doesn't say how it got to be that way

which is actually inspirational because I have another idea for a video series that I could tie in to this that would be a great way of connecting everything. from song to video to game ^.^

my ideas are so big, you stand tall and look head on at my toenails telling me i'm seeing it all wrong. You don't even know what 'all' is in my world mr techie.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

great idea actually, i may get more than trying to pick your brain - nothing there apparently!

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

One thing's for sure, I can count on you being consistently wrong!! Wink
so yeah, here's the story...this is why Jahzen is fighting zombies! w00t

Jahzen a highly skilled martial artist / mage left his clan after his mentor and clan leader suddenly vanished , and Saru took over - the clan gained power, fame and prosperity under Saru's leadership , But Jahzen wasn't having Saru's gangster mentality.......Jahzen is now considered a rebel and a threat to the clan because he knows their secret arts. He is now a hunted man, and the clan wants him back....Dead or Alive

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

those noses of yours are hard to beat, but I try! BigGrin

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
heh, heh, heh... you are funny! thank you for making me laugh!
here I was.. feeling very depressed.. because I have a program that is not finished.. and I have to wait at least 3 months till I get to down load another piece of it.. and I have content I bought today.. that I can't get but only half of because the somebody didn't do their job.. it's good to know there are people willing to make you laugh! thanks guys! Hehe

vidius
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

considering I did that video 3 years ago! w00t

you are once again, dependably WrOnG!!

@mr vidius, ouch 3 months, sorry to read you are going through those issues!

don't mind swoop, he really wishes he was an artist, I try to help him in my subtle ways...It's not easy though - poor guy thinks making the perfect uv entitles him to being sought out by the paparazzi -twirls finger around ears-

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

those magic hurricanes be making people nervous and twitch! have you EVER seen anyone after surviving a magical hurricane ? Of course not, so you have NO idea what it should look like ...
plus it was on beat with the organ solo! w00t

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

actually, that should be even easier now with substance textures in the mix! BigGrin

Not revisiting that video though, it was a sketch of a bigger story ..... I noticed that the story idea grabbed some youtube attention - so it has potential, especially if I make a new track, with a new story'ized music video with a free game download link in the description! w00t

Basically he goes on a variety of adventures avoiding his capture, even some scores and finding Saru to take the thug leader out of control of the clan! but there is fear that Saru might be dead .... ( but that can be a mini story game all it's own! - did he die, was he hexed and banished ? did he just leave ? was he abducted ?! )

so maybe your water idea, might be nice for an adventure in the glacial moutains, and I can make a simple game in a glacial mountain setting!!
it seems I have to find a boss character for game guru for each mini game!!

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ya, but i have to work within my chosen limits .....the idea is to spend more time making music than videos and games ...that's why these tools - although limited ...are my choice.
I need the storyline and music to be stronger than the video and game.

The idea is to be able to put these out regularly.....spending time on a big project isn't wise, a steady flow of product would be the marketing itself. I've been studying this for a while ...

same thing in music, making pop music isn't wise for a indy producer, because pop music requires big money marketing to promote.....you don't make a pop song, you make a pop star - the star is the product that sells merchandise, otherwise pop songs are not major products in themselves......

Thriller wouldn't have been so big if johnny noname made it. It was big because The king of pop made it.

this is why major labels pay more attention to young kids than older artists for major investments - ever notice how the kids from disney get big after ? miley, rhianna etc ....

because they were being made a product since young.

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

this is where the eye candy comes in...

you have obviously never played guildwars 2 -

the game itself is amazing ......but just walking through this huge land, not even fighting anything is extremely entertaining - because it's simply artistically beautiful.

how you try to discourage everyone is very telling of your personality, it's not like you like joking about this on occasion, it's your theme. I hope you snap out of that one day. Wink

Reading This Topic