Faceplus from Mixamo is free

Posted By hattori kun 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
hattori kun (4/12/2015)
[quote]
They could atleast fix the inaccurate relation of the timeline and the frames rendered by Iclone to harddisk. Those two just don't relate. BigGrin

Because they are not as exciting as integrating FACIAL MOCAP or INDIGO !
Who has time for the LOWLY, INSIGNIFICANT Change requests ?
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
@Hattori

They could atleast fix the inaccurate relation of the timeline and the frames rendered by Iclone to harddisk. Those two just don't relate.

I think because I didn't ask a question about that. Only curve and facialmocap.

I wonder if he speaks for the CEO of Reallusion?

He said in a previous post:
Reallusion is really making huge strides in the industry—- I say this not just because I am part of the company, but because I am in the middle of everything that is happening here. It is very exciting to see what our company has achieved in such a short time, and it is even more exciting to see what is coming in the future…
MixamoJeanette
MixamoJeanette
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hey everyone! This is Jeanette from Mixamo - I just wanted to chime in that the Motion Builder version of Face Plus is not being removed - that was a miscommunication on our part!

We'll continue to provide and support both these plugins:
Face Plus for Unity 4.3.x - 4.6.x
Face Plus for Motion Builder 2014

What we are not doing is building a version for Unity 5 or MoBu 2015 at this time. We really want to gather some feedback about the usage of Face Plus though so if you're a Face Plus user, feel free to take the product survey! If we have a lot of interest we may update the software!

Survey: [url=https://www.mixamo.com/faceplus][/url]
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
hattori kun (4/12/2015)
mtakerkart (4/11/2015)

Hey Everyone,
Another thing is——the vision and direction that we have for iClone.
Since its inception iClone has always been about making real-time animations in a smooth and organic way. Now if we implement a Timeline Curve Editor, it sort of defeats the purpose of iClone’s organic animation creation, and it simply bunches us with all the other professional tools out there. I am not saying that it would not enhance iClone, it would, but we are trying to go in a different direction >>> we are trying to create an animation system that will allow people to organically create animations, and later seamlessly blend 2, 3 or more animations together. So let the machine do all the work! Enough with the old-school way of manually having to create everything…. AMEN? grin (I should have been a preacher)

I wonder if he speaks for the CEO of Reallusion? Is that the vision of the owner of RL?

They could atleast fix the inaccurate relation of the timeline and the frames rendered by Iclone to harddisk. Those two just don't relate. BigGrin

That indeed doesn't make any sense at all. It's a pity that RealTimer doesn't debate here, as we could tell him something. iClone is a lot of things, but to organically create animations is completely different from putting prerecorded clips together. For example, if you want believable hand gestures with dialog you need to do a lot of chopping up and recombining of those clips. I don't mind doing that but it's a far crying from "letting the machine do all the work".

It's also kind of stupid and lacks insight in the basics of animation to just dismiss keyframe animation as on old way of doing things. If you want to have unique motions or motions for a special purpose you will need to use keyframes. The curve editor is just a helpful tool for that.

It is also incorrect that only high-end application have curve editors. As I have pointed out many times, Poser has had it for years. And so has Source Filmmaker, which is not a high-end tool, although it has many useful timeline features. The claim that it would make iClone too complicated doesn't hold. There is always the option not to use it.

So Peter, who is this RealTimer dude? He has me worried.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

@Animagic
I understand your frustation Animagic .For my case, I was like you months ago But today with the new technology of mocap , I mean tech with no camera ,it will be more efficient to make real mocap as keyframing for my realistic anime pipeline because actors can interact with real object easily beside keyframing ; For cartoonish anime I know it's another story , I will use the akeytsu tool for that.
I think Reallusion will focus on the efficient blending motion du to the new mocap , it looks like making a sort of "physics" realistic characters moves depending of the environment.You have a generic moves in bank and the "physics" engine behave with your props.
I think it's the future of characters animation.

@Jeanette
I did the survey :-)
Edited
9 Years Ago by mtakerkart
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think Reallusion tend to be like this prototype of animation. There's no keyframe, only a character engine interacting with environment. This can be apply for fight , taking heavy things, etc...

Source:
http://goatstream.com/research/thesis/index.html
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
animagic (4/13/2015)
It's also kind of stupid and lacks insight in the basics of animationto just dismiss keyframe animation as on old way of doing things. If you want to have unique motions or motions for a special purpose you will need to use keyframes. The curve editor is just a helpful tool for that.

Indeed. Sounded like an Andy Serkis moment.
"they(animators) create key frames and the computer will join up the dots"
BigGrin

I admire the daz posters enthusiasm who ever he is. But mocap and keyframe must work hand in hand. Mocap alone will not give you good animation. Alot of clean and tweaking are involved. Sometimes the mocap is just for reference and the animation is 90% keyframed.

Extremely talented animators accomplish this with the "old way of doing things". BigGrin

Richard Lico Show Reel 2014 from Richard Lico on Vimeo.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I said it before and I'll say it again, animation...IS the HEART of animation!!

i can send a render to, indigo now...check
I can composite fancy particle effects and use stuff like hitfilm, sony and fusion ....check
I can make a ton of custom characters.....check
I can do fancy textures with substance....check
I can import and export models to create original looks...check
I can fix my animations to look smooth and realistic in Iclone "Animation" software.......Pinch

i have 100 problems, it should be 99!!! Pinch

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

hattori kun (4/13/2015)
[quote]

Extremely talented animators accomplish this with the "old way of doing things". BigGrin

Extremely talented animators have just started "trickling down" the ICLONE lane.BigGrin

RL still needs to hold its base with a few black boxes. Without these Blackboxes, even the extremely talented animators will not take a cursory glance at ICLONE.

Nothing like anticipating the issues and pre-stocking with the probable solutions in a MARS EXPLORER on its journey to MARS. It's a high for a scientist.

Blending two poses and motions perfectly and automatically is no less excitement for a programmer.

The Game engines have started doing it. ICLONE can not just watch from the sideline.

Average Joe / Majority in ICLONE will mess up the motion / pose with a Curve editor than fix it. It's easy to be myopic and lose the sight of the macro view while trying to fix the points on a curve editor.

The curve editor is welcome. But like Indigo, the majority of ICLONERS will not be able to take the advantage of it for a long time.

The pipeline to Motion Builder is available anyway ! People can try till the time a curve editor is not available in ICLONE.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mtakerkart (4/13/2015)
I think Reallusion tend to be like this prototype of animation. There's no keyframe, only a character engine interacting with environment. This can be apply for fight , taking heavy things, etc...

Source:
http://goatstream.com/research/thesis/index.html

That's apt for ICLONE and its target base.

Reading This Topic