Faceplus from Mixamo is free

Posted By hattori kun 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Mixamo has made faceplus free for now.
https://www.mixamo.com/mystuff/downloads?source=faceplus

Interesting that it works with Mobu. BigGrin
I think RL should definitely create a plugin for Iclone. This is a webcam based face mocap that's free.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
The probleme for me is that it doesn't works with the free Unity 5, only with the 4th version.
What is Mobu ?

For the facial mocap , it's coming. This is what Realtimer from Reallusion said on DAZ forum about my questions:
Hey Everyone,

For facial mocap, Yes. That will be a feature in iClone 6 pretty soon. Right now we are already working with Microsoft’s updated Kinect SDK, and also Intel’s PrimeSense to see how we can integrate them with iClone for facial mocap. (I’ll show you guys some sneak previews once I’ve got some cool videos at hand) For the FBX facial mocap, the issue that we normally have is that there are so many characters with different facial rigging, and they all have to be standardized in order to be used inside iClone’s Universal Avatar system. That is why we have 3DXchange, in order to covert them to iClone-ready characters. So naturally FBX is the direction that we want to go in, but there are many things and standards we need to hammer out first.

A Timeline Curve editor (animation graph editor) is a feature that high-end applications like Maya always have. They are complicated, you need to know what you are doing, and they give you beautifully detailed control over every little bit of your animation… I can see why some masochists might want it. Haaa! j/k It shouldn’t be to hard to implement into iClone, but the truth is that we have so much on our plate right now that it would have to come later. Another thing is——the vision and direction that we have for iClone.

Since its inception iClone has always been about making real-time animations in a smooth and organic way. Allowing literally anyone to create quick and decent looking animations in no time at all without the need for vast training, experience or effort. This has always been the dream for iClone, and we are always looking into the future to newer technology that can allow us break down the barriers between animation and the human interface. You can tell that we are slowly inching towards that dream. Now if we implement a Timeline Curve Editor, it sort of defeats the purpose of iClone’s organic animation creation, and it simply bunches us with all the other professional tools out there. I am not saying that it would not enhance iClone, it would, but we are trying to go in a different direction >>> we are trying to create an animation system that will allow people to organically create animations, and later seamlessly blend 2, 3 or more animations together. Just like the MixMoves system we originally built, but something that can be used for almost any type of motion. Now throw in this capability for mocap generated animations, and we are really cooking——- For example, at the moment we are working to develop an automatic locomotion system that will calculate your character’s steps by taking into consideration speed, distance, length of limbs, tempo of animation, style of animation, terrain and others. A system that will automatically calculate and create everything for you without the need to actually go into each X,Y,Z axis for rotation and translation in order to get the proper transition curve. Our belief is that computer processors are getting faster and cheaper, and we want to help you exploit that. So let the machine do all the work! Enough with the old-school way of manually having to create everything…. AMEN? grin (I should have been a preacher)

So you see what we are trying to do right?
Eventually, we will have to add a timeline curve editor. It makes sense to do so. But its not going to happen just right this quarter. =)
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

The current version for Unity 4.x is free and dead. There is no more developement. They are putting their resources into Mixamo. The Motion Builder version is no longer available.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
ok, i get it, they don't post here because they don't want me to debate them.

sliding feet highlights to the world I'm a noob. That defeats the purpose of making animation easy enough for a new user to look good. You don't look good with sliding feet and twitching moves!! Pinch

you can be innovative in how you make the curve editor, just because only high end animation softwares have them, does not mean you have to make it exactly like them.

Focus on core principles and steal them, don't copy them :p

Reallusion should know by now I love them very much, but they also know I will debate them in a heartbeat if I saw something I didn't agree with!

noob is a student, not a mental handicap! Pinch

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
mtakerkart (4/11/2015)
The probleme for me is that it doesn't works with the free Unity 5, only with the 4th version.
What is Mobu ?

For the facial mocap , it's coming. This is what Realtimer from Reallusion said on DAZ forum about my questions:
Hey Everyone,

For facial mocap, Yes. That will be a feature in iClone 6 pretty soon. Right now we are already working with Microsoft’s updated Kinect SDK, and also Intel’s PrimeSense to see how we can integrate them with iClone for facial mocap. (I’ll show you guys some sneak previews once I’ve got some cool videos at hand) For the FBX facial mocap, the issue that we normally have is that there are so many characters with different facial rigging, and they all have to be standardized in order to be used inside iClone’s Universal Avatar system. That is why we have 3DXchange, in order to covert them to iClone-ready characters. So naturally FBX is the direction that we want to go in, but there are many things and standards we need to hammer out first.

A Timeline Curve editor (animation graph editor) is a feature that high-end applications like Maya always have. They are complicated, you need to know what you are doing, and they give you beautifully detailed control over every little bit of your animation… I can see why some masochists might want it. Haaa! j/k It shouldn’t be to hard to implement into iClone, but the truth is that we have so much on our plate right now that it would have to come later. Another thing is——the vision and direction that we have for iClone.

Since its inception iClone has always been about making real-time animations in a smooth and organic way. Allowing literally anyone to create quick and decent looking animations in no time at all without the need for vast training, experience or effort. This has always been the dream for iClone, and we are always looking into the future to newer technology that can allow us break down the barriers between animation and the human interface. You can tell that we are slowly inching towards that dream. Now if we implement a Timeline Curve Editor, it sort of defeats the purpose of iClone’s organic animation creation, and it simply bunches us with all the other professional tools out there. I am not saying that it would not enhance iClone, it would, but we are trying to go in a different direction >>> we are trying to create an animation system that will allow people to organically create animations, and later seamlessly blend 2, 3 or more animations together. Just like the MixMoves system we originally built, but something that can be used for almost any type of motion. Now throw in this capability for mocap generated animations, and we are really cooking——- For example, at the moment we are working to develop an automatic locomotion system that will calculate your character’s steps by taking into consideration speed, distance, length of limbs, tempo of animation, style of animation, terrain and others. A system that will automatically calculate and create everything for you without the need to actually go into each X,Y,Z axis for rotation and translation in order to get the proper transition curve. Our belief is that computer processors are getting faster and cheaper, and we want to help you exploit that. So let the machine do all the work! Enough with the old-school way of manually having to create everything…. AMEN? grin (I should have been a preacher)

So you see what we are trying to do right?
Eventually, we will have to add a timeline curve editor. It makes sense to do so. But its not going to happen just right this quarter. =)

I see the clarity and purpose in the post. It aligns with my idea what RL have been thinking about ICLONE. Good to know and happy to note.Smile

==
Mobu : Motion Builder
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

i've been trying to tell you for the longest that they are nice people, they are just sticking to a game plan!

On the same hand, i don't want to have to exist in tricycle mode forever! Pinch

The moral of "MY" story as the "MODEL NOOB" is that Iclone did an excellent job of introducing me to animation, after I've learned the basics in iclone.....it should not be a disposable tool, but a tool that comes with me as I move on to bigger more pro level tools

Not having tools to make clean pro looking animations ....means being disposable, don't go there! I want you to grow with me, Iclone should be an active tool in my collection no matter what other tools or skills i have! Pinch

some things in the bigger software are just redundant and time consuming, iclone fills that gap after I learn the basics! Time is more valuable than anything, you can't replace it!

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

noobs and pros can peacefully co-exist in one software ....that's what colleges are built on, professors and students ...

Look at me and swoop for example, we get along perfectly! Never had a fight! ♥

Edited
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Mobu : Motion Builder

Thank you prabhatM Wink
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

rampa (4/11/2015)
The Motion Builder version is no longer available.

Its still there on the link I posted. I was able to download it. Not sure if it will work with older mobu.
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mtakerkart (4/11/2015)

Hey Everyone,
Another thing is——the vision and direction that we have for iClone.
Since its inception iClone has always been about making real-time animations in a smooth and organic way. Now if we implement a Timeline Curve Editor, it sort of defeats the purpose of iClone’s organic animation creation, and it simply bunches us with all the other professional tools out there. I am not saying that it would not enhance iClone, it would, but we are trying to go in a different direction >>> we are trying to create an animation system that will allow people to organically create animations, and later seamlessly blend 2, 3 or more animations together. So let the machine do all the work! Enough with the old-school way of manually having to create everything…. AMEN? grin (I should have been a preacher)

I wonder if he speaks for the CEO of Reallusion? Is that the vision of the owner of RL?

They could atleast fix the inaccurate relation of the timeline and the frames rendered by Iclone to harddisk. Those two just don't relate. BigGrin

Reading This Topic