Profile Picture

Do I need 3Dexchange Pipeline if I want to sell props & animations on the Marketplace?

Posted By gridlost 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Do I need 3Dexchange Pipeline if I want to sell props & animations on...

Author
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Thank you for your response Rampa.

I understand importing from previous versions of Iclone, and importing from other formats such as OBJ.

To take something out Of Iclone, Export it back to FBX for use in Unity or Unreal, Is this possible with Pipeline 5?

I am trying decide between Pipeline or just pro. You can't beat $199 for it. I just want to make sure it is a sound buy. Not something I will regret spending money on....
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
gridlost (3/3/2015)
Thank you for your response Rampa.

I understand importing from previous versions of Iclone, and importing from other formats such as OBJ.

To take something out Of Iclone, Export it back to FBX for use in Unity or Unreal, Is this possible with Pipeline 5?

I am trying decide between Pipeline or just pro. You can't beat $199 for it. I just want to make sure it is a sound buy. Not something I will regret spending money on....

Pipeline will be able to export FBX and BVH from iClone 5. Sorry, no way to get models or animations out of 6 yet.
gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
sorry to round and round with this. Iclone Noob here. And man, you are up late, you must be a night owl like myself. I on the US west coast.

So, if I do my work in Iclone pro 6, save it out in Iclone format, then Reopen the work in 5, save it again then I can export out the work as FBX or BVH accordingly? provided I do not use any Iclone 6 assets?

I have Seen that they have released Iclone 5 for free. I picked up a copy. This is what convinced me to buy a copy of 6 pro.

Will 5 standard be ok for this Method?

Also thank you for any help, I do plan on getting Xch 6 when it releases, provided that it can be purchased as an upgrade price instead of full.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 59 minutes ago
The files are not backward compatible, so you wont be able to work in 6 and open in 5. If you have 5 pro, the tool set is actually the same (so far), so if if your animating for Unity, it's a good option. You need the PRO version to get all the tools though.

Basically files only move up, not down. This goes for iClone and 3DXchange.

Reading This Topic