Profile Picture

Do I need 3Dexchange Pipeline if I want to sell props & animations on the Marketplace?

Posted By gridlost 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Do I need 3Dexchange Pipeline if I want to sell props & animations on...

Author
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Hello,

I was wondering, Do I need 3D Exchange Pipeline to sell props and animations on the Iclone Marketplace?

And do i need to the Pipeline to say take models back and forth from Iclone to Zbrush and then back again? Or dose that just require 3Dexchange Pro?

the line in the advert page for 3dexchange is rather confusing.

Export 3D Models
- OBJ (static object, replace mesh, paint & sculpt, create face morph data)

Only version 6 can do this? I have seen something called the Character Designers pack for version 5 do these things. Or Do I misunderstand what that line means?

Someone really need to have a talk with the marketing folks.... their advert pages are not very clear and rather misleading. Not that I think that is intentional... but misleading none the less.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi gridlost,

3DX5 Pro is all you need. When it says "sculpt", it's talking about sculpting an exported OBJ in an external program and re-importing it. As long as do not change the vertex count or order, it works great.

You can sell products in the Marketplace without having 3DXchange at all. Smile
gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)Veteran Member (939 reputation)

Thanks for your response Rampa!

that's Great news!

Then what is the Pipeline for? Is this merely a license package to sell Iclone creations in other formats or put them into a game engine and legally sell them?

I saw an interesting technique where an artist made adjustments to a Chuck face in Zbrush then subdivided it few time, then saved out a map of the higher subdivision with higher detail as a Normal map. Re imported the face at the original subdivision and then imported the normal map on top of the face to regain the details added to the original. This made a morph.

I am wondering if you can do the same with a Displacement map.....
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

That's correct. Pipeline exports FBX and BVH for use in other programs/game engines.

Doing a high resolution sculpt of the head is a great idea for generating normal maps for use on the standard head.

Be aware that we cannot yet modify the G6 avatars in 3DXchange. There will be a 3DXchange 6 later this year. G5's and below all work fine.
gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you my friend!

ya, I saw that about G6..... unfortunate. Not to big a deal though. I just want the ability to easily modify Faces and still retain the Iclone animations and bone system. If I was to bring in my own model figure, Is there a way to rig it in Iclone?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You have to rig/weight your characters in external software that can export as FBX. You then import the FBX into 3DXchange Pro and "Characterize" it. That means re-target the bones to the iclone skeleton.

Facial animation is by morphs, either mesh or bone based.

Google "3dxchange fbx import" to find a bunch of video tutorials.
gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

hmm.... well either I could just make a bunch of morphs with the stock characters or See if Zbrush's Zsphere Rig counts as bones..... hmmm. May I could tinker with Carara.... means exporting Zbrush to Carara...clunky.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
The 3DXchange comparison table (at http://www.reallusion.com/iClone/3DXchange.html) is incorrect, unfortunately. I wish someone would fix it.

3DX5 Pro and Pipeline have the same capabilities as 3DX6 Pro and Pipeline, except of course that you will need the 3DX6 version to export from iClone 6.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

gridlost
gridlost
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

huh? SO 3Dexchange 5 dose not work with exporting anything from Iclone 6? I thought that was fixed?? Or so I read...
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As Animagic said, there is some old info in the chart.

The recently patched 3DX 5.52 Pro exports to 6 just fine. It will not OPEN any iClone 6 files. Think of it as only for importing models/avatars INTO iClone.

The patch was released recently because of an issue with it referencing iClone 5xx. Because new customers do not have iClone 5xx, 3DX 5.52 was released.

Reading This Topic