Export Animation

Posted By gcshep 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gcshep
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi Everyone
I have put the post up to see if any other member is having problems with their copy of 3DXchange5.

On exporting a FBX file into iClone 6 is the box greyed out for the Export Animation and you not able to tick the box I been in touch with support and they tell me they are not having an issue with this.

I have since found out that Warlord was experiencing the same problem and we got to thinking how many more members are having this issue all are we the only two with this bug. Please could you let me know if this is so perhaps if there are enough of uses in numbers we should then be able to convince the tech guys there is a bug.

In the interim period Warlord has developed a reset prop for this issue and I am sure he will not mind sharing this with you please do not bombard him with emails asking for the prop because I shall add it as attachment if there are any out there with this problem plus instruction on how to use which is very easy.

Best Regards
George

Cricky
Arrow
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It works fine if you put the animation in the perform section. So it is an individual or multi-person issue perhaps, but not a software problem.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I know the answer to this one
it perplexed me endlessly and nobody could help

import a static prop an obj even and tick export all
not
just visible

now retry with your desired import

edit I see this is iC6
it actually happens with iC5 too

Edited
9 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
It is a problem involving crowds and maybe some other props. It also has a work around. The actual problem was the section with ALL was grayed out so Export Animation was not available. It happens when you have multiple skinned objects like crowds. It has to do with skinned props versus mesh animation.

The skinned crowds can lock it out...put in a simple prop without skin and bones and the selection section is once again available. Reload the exact crowd prop and the selection section stays available and you can now export the animation. Once it's locked out... it has to have a non-skinned prop run through it before it becomes available to export crowd props. Not other props... just skinned crowd props. Bipedal crowds are not affected.

I wasn't sure it was a bug until I was contacted about it and since the tute on making iClone crowds in Studio Max I've had other contacts about the problem so it wasn't affecting anyone until we started transferring crowds out of Studio Max into iClone. I've put up with it through crowd development off and on for a couple of years before I realized what was going on.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

Edited
9 Years Ago by warlord720

Reading This Topic