Oz Tests

Posted By mark 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
A local high school is doing the stage play of "The Wizard of Oz"...one of my favs!!!! They are going to be throwing video from a sweet Christy projector onto a 10'x24' screen as a backdrop for the performers. I'll be doing the imagery..a lot of work but could be fun. Experimenting with the tornado of course... I need some critical opinion from the folks around here.

This clip shows the 10'x24' screen aspect ratio. I'll need to experiment with a much higher resolution than 1920 pixels. Guess I'll do .png sequence renders for the finals. This clip was rendered in iClone as an uncompressed .AVI then an MP4 in Vegas,and who knows what on YouTubeTongue Be interesting to see how iClone holds up at that size BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
HI Mark,

great job!
I am not sure if this is correct, because luckily I never "met" a tornado, but I wonder whether the color of the tornado shall be slightly brighter than the cloud itself.

Cheers

Roberto

PS: I answered your request in the post about Another Day in Paradise. Hope not too long, boring, and trivial...

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Good thought Roberto! Thanks!

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Nice Mark! I think it looks really good, and ominous. Smile
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
These are great! Love it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
WOW!! I can't believe this tornado is achieved in Iclone!!!! Is it a prop ? How did you do the dust and particles? If you sell it I'll buy it for shure! Smile

As always , very nice job!
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mtakerkart (2/26/2015)
WOW!! I can't believe this tornado is achieved in Iclone!!!! Is it a prop ? How did you do the dust and particles? If you sell it I'll buy it for shure! Smile

As always , very nice job!

Thanks mtakerart!Smile Well it is iClone and not iC6 but iC5. I tried to do the cyclone in iC6 using the technique that Arnold Gillespie used in the original film...supposedly he used a stocking and of course his amazing creativity!!BigGrin Well I got close with that idea in iC6 using a "Weight-Map" and a cone but never quite worked... maybe if I had Cricky's skills I could have pulled it off. One big problem I have with iClone is with overlapping Opacity-Maps. It just doesn't give me the "transparency" results that I was trying to achieve no matter how I adjusted them. I may post those test so you can see the results. I'm sure someone else can do it correctly.BigGrin

Anyway.. I used the "Waterfall" particle effect and tweaked it to death then parented it to a spinning object, which I really don't think does that much to help, then parented that rig to a path . I attached another particle effect to give me dust at the base of the cyclone and another particle effect for the debris at the base as well. The animation path allowed me to "lower" the tornado to the ground which was huge in my opinion.Smile

Now this version of the effect could probably have been done in iC6 although there are a few bugs in the Particle generator of iC6 to sort out. But the biggest problem for me is that iC6 runs pretty sluggish on my system (in Quick Mode for goodness sake) even with a pretty simple project....iC5 runs MUCH faster and did with this project for sureWink

Hope that gives you some ideas!!!Tongue

PROMO-BACK2

Edited
9 Years Ago by mark
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Excellent work as always Mark.

One thing to check out would be the max. native resolution of the Christy. If the panel can only handle 1920 then there's not point producing anything at a higher resolution - the internal scan converter will scale it down in ways that you don't want.

I spent over 20 years working with large format video installations, and always had difficulties getting customers to understand that a native 1024x768 projector cannot display 1920x1080 pixels no matter how often they yell at it. BigGrin

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

VERY good point! I'll check. They are just getting it setup. Hoping maybe it's a 4K!!!!TongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Excellent work mark. Smile

Coming from tornado alley, Ermm it looks pretty awesome to me. Something I noticed was the tornado descending from the cloud. It comes out of the cloud straight down more similar to a meteorite impact. I saw that you 'twisted' the tail once it hit the ground to allow for the squiggly movement and I thought maybe you could add a little of that to the descent which would make it more realistic and might even add a bit of 'sinister' to it.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
9 Years Ago by peterblood

Reading This Topic