Great companion for Iclone

Posted By hattori kun 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
animagic (2/17/2015)
[quote]hattori kun (2/17/2015)
You can achieve many different types of toon shading and strokes
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?89592-Bronto-Sketch-Render

Those are impressive results. On page 12 of the thread is a link to the original article explaining the technique. Unfortunately, the animated short created with it can only be shown in a private viewing. You have to travel to Orlando.

It's quite mind numbing.

I hate Hattori for pushing me to the Learning Mode from my self-contained Production Mode at this stage of life!Wink

Guys have been doing such great works with Lightwave since 2008 ! Very admirable.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
prabhatM (2/17/2015)

I hate Hattori for pushing me to the Learning Mode from my self-contained Production Mode at this stage of life!.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I'm tempted, as LightWave seems very interesting. Forum seems friendly too as a far as I can tell. And, without doubt, this is a professional product used by professionals.

I've downloaded the trial and will have a few days to check it out. There will be a lot to learn...Unsure

@Hattori, can you say more about the quality of FBX importing and exporting? That always seems to be a cumbersome part of the pipeline.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Installed the trial. First thing: the user interface font is very small on my 2560x1440 screen. I haven't found an option to use a larger font. Is there one?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Have you been doing any more experimentation with Lightwave? I've been trying to keep from getting into modelers, and rigging, and anything else related to 3D but as I get more and more into the iClone stuff, I'm finding my interest in 3D re-awakening. I already have formZ Pro, which is great for architectural modeling, but not so much for characters, clothing, etc... So I'm trying to decide between Modo and Lightwave. I'm leaning more towards Lightwave because of it's long standing history and industry usage.
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sorry didn't see these posts.

animagic - fbx works great. I can export out characters and props from lightwave. I can also import characters with animation back to lightwave from Iclone and have unlimited render nodes with lightwave renderer.
For the font issue I think you can try this command switch -f"Arial@9" when you right click a lightwave shortcut and put that at the end of the target string.
Ex. C:\LightWave11_6_32 -f"Arial@9"

wizaerd - Between lightwave and modo for modelling I'd say lightwave has the simpler and more fluid organic modelling workflow. Modo can be a bit clicky. And the shadertree takes time to get used. Try out a few tutorials and see which one clicks with you.
Edited
9 Years Ago by hattori kun
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If my memory serves me correctly, which it probably doesn't Ermm:

At one time, Lightwave was Free. At that time it was used for Editing some Motion Picture Houses Productions. There was just one Award-winning Female Lightwave Editor for those Productions . Maybe someone remembers her name?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
9 Years Ago by colour
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The still free NLE is called Lightworks, and the full version is being used to edit quite a few award winning films. Don't know the name of the female cutter though.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
hattori kun (3/14/2015)

For the font issue I think you can try this command switch -f"Arial@9" when you right click a lightwave shortcut and put that at the end of the target string.
Ex. C:\LightWave11_6_32 -f"Arial@9"

I just tried this and it works as expected. Now if I can just figure out how to expand the tool bar panel on the left since the increased font cuts off the text displayed there...

wizaerd - Between lightwave and modo for modelling I'd say lightwave has the simpler and more fluid organic modelling workflow. Modo can be a bit clicky. And the shadertree takes time to get used. Try out a few tutorials and see which one clicks with you.

I know Lightwave has been around a long time, but it really doesn't seem to have a very current tutorial base. Everything thus far seems a bit dated. It is because it's still pertinent? The new feature set for the 2015 version really sold me on it, as did it's marketing stuff, but now that I have it and am in it, it seems... primitive?

KNow of any good character tutorials for Lightwave? And something explaining or demonstrating a Lightwave -> 3DXChange -> iClone pipeline?
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
They have a facebook channel
https://www.facebook.com/LightWave3D
youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHH_DyamqSy1UJUCvYhdR8A

[i]Lightwave -> 3DXChange -> iClone pipeline

Its the same workflow as other appz using a custom rig. So that means you have to know a bit about rigging atleast which can take a bit of time learning. Not as straightforward as using 3dmax characterstudio.

Here's one that's similar. Its for modo but the principals are the same so the method used will work for lightwave.

MODO_to_iClone5_Demo2 from Alan Marques on Vimeo.

Reading This Topic