Profile Picture

Can G5 Characters/Clonecloths be updated to use G6 Softcloth with Weight Maps?

Posted By lpatter 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can G5 Characters/Clonecloths be updated to use G6 Softcloth with...

Author
doubledutch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Some of the values keep changing back to the default though.

Also after a hard enter?
Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

I have so many "Thank You!"s running out of my mouth now. I was crushed that my old characters would not have their softcloth costumes, and I'm so glad to find I was wrong.

Now, here's a question -- if I have a G3 character with CloneCloth, and I need to edit the weight maps, do I just use the Clone Cloth UV layout?

Thanks in advance!
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:40 AM
Yes you use the regular UV map as a reference. 

In fact, you can generate a UV map from the Weight Map editor.

Select Edit Weight Map in the Physics setting, which will open the following dialog:

If you click the indicated icon, it will open the UV map for the texture you want to create the weight map for.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

The Digital Stylist
The Digital Stylist
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

I am newbie... trying to use soft cloth physics on my clonecloth G2 figures... is it possible? you talk about using character collision shape editor... but not sure how to use this? do you know of a tutorial that can help guide me? and/or especially when it comes to clothing specifically. THANK YOU MUCH!
El Panta
El Panta
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)Senior Member (406 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
if the clothes fly off try this:
1-make sure the collision shapes are turned on
2-add a weight map

the weight map should be mostly black, use white or grey only for the areas that should be animated.

if you are working on a skirt, the map should be black down to the bottom couple of inches.
What is black is pinned down and won't be softcloth, if your entire map is white, nothing is pinned and the whole thing will fall off.

Hope this helps, I had the same problem so I looked at how Heidi's weight map was.

"there's a simple solution to a complex problem, the wrong one"
msjaebea
msjaebea
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)Veteran Member (927 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have been working for several evenings on this and can't get it right. I am using a Daz Genesis and brought her in according to instructions. I should be able to set up her hair and dress but both just fall off with a long stretching motion. Just to start with the dress, because of the way the UV is setup, I painted my own weights. The black is far enough down so that the skirt part of the dress should not be falling off. It does not matter what settings I use, the dress does the same thing every time. This is very frustrating. I only have so long to demo this program and I seem to be spending all my time just trying to figure one thing out. Has anyone been successful in making the dynamics work for Genesis?

Reading This Topic