hattori kun production logs

Posted By hattori kun 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
stuckon3d (1/31/2015)
Lightwave, version 1 . When the only way to get it was with a VideoToaster. And the full installation was like 14 floppy disks. Man I'm getting old. Tongue

I still remember the launch of video toaster. The flying logos and brilliant colours surely dazzled us. Yes, it's been long time.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

-
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@mark will try to share more. I'm waiting for the 3dx for Iclone 6 so I can test out exporting the animation and rendering with lightwave beautiful renderer. 999 render nodes free BigGrin

@stuckon - thanks for the tutorials, too, I also subscribed to your channel like other iclone veterans as mentioned. The VideoToaster! Heard it lots of times never saw one and can't help thinking why they called it a toaster. BigGrin
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hattori kun (1/31/2015)
The VideoToaster! Heard it lots of times never saw one and can't help thinking why they called it a toaster. BigGrin

The colors were brilliant & crisp, the animations and effects very inspiring....like a toast, ready for the consumption. It truly had its moments those days.
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Actually my first paying animation job was on an Amiga 1000. The software was Videoscape 3D which was a bit of a precursor to Lightwave 3d. I built this animation file for the new Airport here in Nashville and recorded it to 1" tape one frame at a time manually!!!!!w00t OoooTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
...in the second video LOL the robot Heidi is way sexier!

I recently gave LW another test drive. Beautiful IPR, underestimated C4D grade functions, hellish antique UI, and like IC-3DX, mega split tool issue of Modeller-Layout.

Pros who're attracted to IClone are not studio system job seeker but indie artist types fed up with big biz licensing nonsense and last gen UI mindset.

My dream tool is C4D UI + native Octane + ZBrush artistry + huge robust indie artist community + iClone cuteness. I know I know, I said "dream". Smile If and when iClone integrate fully with 3DX, and get into major 3D applinking with all major sculpter modelers, it may become a threat to LightWave, and become the new baby-C4D. You never know...

Anyway, good job on those videos hattori, keep going...

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

@mark - must have been hellish working in that era. Tongue Now we have things like Iclone which I can't believe I only knew about last december.

@Bellatrix - Thanks! Yeah lightwave has its drawbacks. But the price is the lowest among pro appz and the renderer is one of the easiest to use imo. Modo indie is on the side if ever I need it for some heavy lifting in modelling. C4d is way too much for my personal budget. I could buy 20 Iclone licenses with 1 C4d license BigGrin

But working with Iclone now its the same as working with lightwave. Model in one app, animate in another. Good thing I'm used to that workflow, too.
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Bellatrix (2/2/2015)
../.. Pros who're attracted to IClone are not studio system job seeker but indie artist types fed up with big biz licensing nonsense and last gen UI mindset../..

Well, as a 'pro' acting - with my partner - as a studio, allow me to present a different reason why we are attracted to iClone:

We are not attracted to iClone as a replacement tool for high-end 3d tools because there is simply no comparison. We dont' entertain the dream to create animation films - in the traditional sense meaning 'cartoon' movies inheriting from the 2D animation movies spirit - nor VFX with iClone. iClone is simply not enough and don't have the right tools for this.

But we think iClone may be the ideal tool to produce an alternate kind of productions, mocap based (even if adding some manual animations is part of the process), less cartoony, with fast productions phases including rendering.

A kind of productions that has no real diffusion window on TV (at least here in France) because no one try to do it (because as no TV are interested, no subventions/financial contribution is possible so.. no production started). A kind of production not children oriented.

Something more adult, more realistic - albeit not on a 3d VFX level, that's not the point - something more close to current TV series but done in 3D. I have no better word than using "machinima" productions for this. Perhaps one new word would be to be invented but so far "machinima" is the closest that comes to mind. To me, this kind of productions is not here to "replace" traditional 3d animation movies/tv series, but to be an alternative, a new kind of main stream productions.

But for this to work, TV must be interested. And for TV to be interested, there must be an audience, and the audience will come from "high-end" "machinima" productions, perhaps some who will make enough buzz on the internet, some "proof of concept" so TV may start to realize: Oh ? There is an actual audience for this kind of productions ? Perhaps we should start to buy some ?

This would then trigger the all production chain: TV interest -> Subvention/Financial support possible -> Production started.

This is how we - at least me and my partner at radfac productions - see the all thing and this is what we are working on and what we are trying to do.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So I refunded my 3dx pro to get this iClone Animation Pipeline at the bottom which includes IC5, 3dx pipeline, mocap plugin and a whole bunch of free stuff. BigGrin
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3DXchange.html

Kudos to RL the refund took less than 2 days. BigGrin Got the money back and bought that bundle.
All I need now is 3dx pipeline for my IC6 and its all good.

Production log 4. Iclone to Lw Octane renderer BigGrin
it works great! Love it. I can use more renderers now. Octane, kray, native lw renderer. BigGrin
Only thing I didn't like was the fbx from Iclone renames UVmaps into some non-sensible names like channel1, channel2, etc. Had to reassign some materials. Took a few minutes but no showstopper.

Production log 4.

Video also shows how fast octane renderer is and some nodes that allow tonemapping, post processing within octane.
I'm using a lowend 750 gt ti. Serious octane user are using multiple 980 gtx and titans. I can't imagine how fast octane is with multiple gpus.

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

grabiller (2/3/2015)

Something more adult, more realistic - albeit not on a 3d VFX level, that's not the point - something more close to current TV series but done in 3D. I have no better word than using "machinima" productions for this. Perhaps one new word would be to be invented but so far "machinima" is the closest that comes to mind. To me, this kind of productions is not here to "replace" traditional 3d animation movies/tv series, but to be an alternative, a new kind of main stream productions.

But for this to work, TV must be interested. And for TV to be interested, there must be an audience, and the audience will come from "high-end" "machinima" productions, perhaps some who will make enough buzz on the internet, some "proof of concept" so TV may start to realize: Oh ? There is an actual audience for this kind of productions ? Perhaps we should start to buy some ?

This would then trigger the all production chain: TV interest -> Subvention/Financial support possible -> Production started.

Ha...ha...ha...Please allow me to laugh aloud.

There is atleast someone out there thinking like me and trying to alter the present TV Content equation !

Yes, you almost sound like my soul brother ![ I have been watching too many chinese martial art movies and TV series recently TongueBigGrinTongue]

Trust me it's doable, tough though. Just have faith.

The audience is there somewhere. We need to tap them with quality content. But it needs strategic investment. You need to create large content library then attack the domain. If you do just one series then others will imitate quickly and there will be too many me-too products.
You need to think like any global internet project. SCALE is the key.

What you need is ICLONE with better internal renderer, good facial motion capture tool and realtime speech / lip sync engine for your project.

Please keep sharing your progress.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM

Reading This Topic