Posted By jasonpweber 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ExclamationMark
jasonpweber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I have a nonprofit organization and I've had to press my Board of Directors to purchase CrazyTalk7 and CrazyTalk Animator2, the Unity plugin, and a number of things from the Content Store.

While the products -- and I assume IClone, too -- are wonderful, there is a severe void in the management and organizational structure of Reallusion.

Reallusion says they have no phone or office (strange enough), so they prompt you to use their ticket system for help -- something we all despise, of course.

So the ticket system says "we'll respond to you within 24-48 hours" -- which, in and of itself, is just not good enough. Well, it's good if you're selling t-shirts or whatever. But if you're selling thousand-dollar products, this needs to be improved to "24-48 seconds" or at worst, "24-28 minutes".

Recently, I put in a simple ticket about the Unity plugin I purchased for CrazyTalk7. I received a response 376 hours later. Worse, the response I received (after submitting 6 detailed issues during this 376 hour period) was simply to post in the forum or check out their documentation. How helpful!

So I'm proposing that the Reallusion website "keep it real" and change the support response time from 24-48 hours to 24-376 hours, with "depending on the complexity of your question" as a caveat.

That would be honest business, wouldn't it be? And again, nobody likes this "ticket system" thing in the first place; that's SOOOOOOOO 2005-ish. Corporations selling professional products have phone support, live chat, and more.

Additionally, the documentation is poor, and in many parts, incomplete.

I love Reallusion products and hope to continue to enhance my nonprofit with these products, but something has to change with this ticket-support-system / no-phone-number / no-office / no-live-chat stuff.

I'm suggesting something be improved -- and sooner rather than later. The products are great; the management structure in place isn't.

Webby
WebPrezence LLC
"90% of learning IClone is practice. The other half is patience."
~ Me

Edited
9 Years Ago by jasonpweber
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

I do not want to justify RL, but, just to bring an example, try to contact Sony for some issues related to their SW (Sonycreativesoftware.com)... 376 hours will be a best case Angry
The reality is that some companies have an excellent customer service (one example is NewBlueFX, which is absolutely outstanding), other a very poor one, and in the middle there is a full range of variations.

Obviously I also wish that their customer service becomes better (nothing to lose from our side Wink ) but I understand that they are probably in a phase where they are broadening their market and that probably (like most of the time happens) the additional human resources for the customer service and other depts will come after they have consolidated their revenues.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
and we are the best and most supportive community on the net. We will teach you things you won't find in any regular documentation. be nice with us, and we'd love to help you.

We are all aware of the limited documentation, we compensate by helping each other. We do an amazing job of it at that. Cool

jasonpweber
jasonpweber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)Veteran Member (668 reputation)

Thanks Roberto and Planet.

I am not a combative or cantankerous person at all. I was just appalled by the 376 hour wait, only to receive a patronizing response "check out the documentation" type of thing.

It's difficult to get a purchase passed through the Board, so I've had to work hard just to purchase all these things; I basically have almost everything Reallusion offers outside of IClone.

The community may be great, although it appears to be largely IClone and little CT or CTA.

I'll pose my question in the Unity community and await a response, although I bet the answer is a simple one and should take me seconds to find, not days.

Thanks!

Webby
WebPrezence LLC
~ Me

rampart
rampart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have never failed to get an answer from Support. I might not have gotten the answer I wanted, but they have always responded to me.

Yes, I have asked some hard questions that were difficult to answer.

wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
jasonpweber (1/10/2015)
........The community may be great, although it appears to be largely IClone and little CT or CTA.

Have you checked out the CTA and CT Forums?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello,

I have had to use support on a few occasions, I can honestly say they've been great. I've always had an answer within one day, and I lve in the UK... And... the Forum is outstanding and always eager to help. Reallusion is definitely one of the better companies!

Best regards.
Ken

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!
jasonpweber
jasonpweber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Well, I'm just sharing my experience. My reward for purchasing everything Reallusion offers (other than IClone) was a 376 hour delay in responding to a simple question.

Once I received the response, there wasn't even an apology for the delay; it was just "check out the forums and the documentation", in a patronizing and condescending manner.

That, along with the lack of a real human being, real phone number, real location (few know our stuff comes from Taiwan), real support, poor documentation, etc., can naturally lead to frustration.

I'm hoping the Reallusion community is much more efficient than the support. And I have never heard of any software company charging a thousand bucks for a product, then telling you to pay more to learn how to use it (support).

Anyway, I'll see where this goes. I'm actually getting better support from Stack Exchange, oddly enough, although I just posted my question in the Unity Plug-In forum.

Webby
WebPrezence LLC
~ Me

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
jasonpweber (1/10/2015)
But if you're selling thousand-dollar products, this needs to be improved to "24-48 seconds" or at worst, "24-28 minutes".

My first thought was you're paying WAY too much if you paid $1,000 for a CrazyTalk product.

http://www.reallusion.com/store/purchase_cta.aspx

Yes, you and probably spend a lot of money once you buy a whole bunch of add-ons.  It always adds up.  But CrazyTalk is only $50-$300 software.

I don't mean to dismiss your concern, but a lot of companies "support" their product via their forums, and an actual employee may or may not appear once in a while.  At least Reallusion does have a "Support" point of contact in addition to the forums.  I'm sorry you had such a long delay, only to get a not-very-helpful response.  I don't think that's normal, based on what others have said.

From what I've heard, the CrazyTalk community is helpful and supportive, just like the iClone family.  That section of this forum really is probably the best place to start.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking
jasonpweber
jasonpweber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I did put a 2nd ticket in, and that's running on about 84 hours at the time of this posting. There's no telling when they'll get back to me (if ever ... probably another 376 hours).

So it appears this wasn't an aberration; it appears that the 24-48 / human-less / phone-less support is here to stay.

It may be an aberration if you're given good support in a timely manner, however.

Sorry, but someone had to say something. It's been the elephant in the room, as far as I can tell, for quite some time now. Everyone knows it, but few want to publicly say it.

Reallusion needs a complete management overhaul and some real human-being-driven support, along with some true transparency. Gone will be the days of putting out a product and hiding.

Until then, since I can't refund anything, I'll be working with the community only (including Stack Exchange) on helping solve my issues.

Webby
WebPrezence LLC
~ Me

Reading This Topic