Posted By SilentShadow 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
QuestionMark
SilentShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,
I have iClone 5.51 PRO and 3DXchange5 and I want to be able to create accessories for my avatars. I know I can purchase content, but I want to be able to create items myself.
I have Google SketchUp Pro and so can create 3D objects and I am aware I can import them via 3DXchange - but how do I create them and use them?
For example, let's say I've created a hat and imported that in to 3DXchange. What are my next steps? How do I get it in to iClone, and once it's in there how do I tell it that it's a hat and needs to always sit on an avatar's head when I apply it?

Thanks
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Once you've brought your item into 3DXchange and made any changes you need to click the
Export button and make sure you've set up the Destination folder to go to the proper iClone folder. I usually set it to go to a folder in the Custom/Props area. Once in iClone add an avatar and locate your prop. You'll need to manually adjust the prop to the avatar and then Attach the prop to the avatar..let's say you could Attach a hat to the avatar's Head. Once attached you can then save the prop as an Accessory in the Custom Accessory folder. Just use the little + (plus sign) to add an item to a folder.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
9 Years Ago by mark
SilentShadow
SilentShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Excellent! Exactly what I needed - thanks. BigGrin
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You're kidding? Wow that's a first for me!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic