how 2 make this work?

Posted By nat woi 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
nat woi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
is there a way to make this cylinder extend with out messing up the prop
Im working on a 3d modal of a bulldozer and there is a lot of moving parts I only own iclone 5 pro and 3d exchange pro and the physic tool box I really hop It can be done
Ive tried to while using 3dx make different frames but my play bar don't work still to new I guess
Attachments
cyl.JPG (116 views, 107.00 KB)
Edited
9 Years Ago by nat woi
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hey Nat,

Happy New Year Smile

yeah, for the model, one way to approach that is to call up the model in 3DXchange5 - then the part you want to resize, make into a sub-prop - this separates that part from the rest of the model while keeping it attached / in it's correct spot. -

that's how we use to build robots before physics came into play - we'd get models from the 3D warehouse - group parts - like limbs ...and make them sub props so they would still be a part of the model, yet allow to function independently of the model.

Reading This Topic