DAZ to 3dxchange export : Textures are missing

Posted By davidjosue007 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
davidjosue007
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Please does someone have any idea? When exporting a genesis character from DAZ 4.6 (or DAZ 4.5) to 3DXchange (5.5 or 5.51) the character is grey. The textures of skin and clothes are missing. However, 3DXchange no longer seems to automatically map them onto the body, it's just grey.

From DAZ I have tried export alternatives used in some tutorials, checking Embed textures, Collect Textures to folder/vs Merge Diffues and Opacity Textures, Merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton, Allow Degraded Skinning, Allow Degraded Scaling.

I must miss something something in the process, or can I have missed installing something with the new version, or some folder locations gone missing?

I have uninstalled and installed again both softwares (DAZ and 3dxchange) but the problem is still present.

PLease help!

David-Josué
http://www.iclone-fr.blogspot.com/http://www.iclonetemplate.com
Attachments
Sans-titre-1.jpg (1.3K views, 57.00 KB)
Sans-titre-2.jpg (1.4K views, 147.00 KB)
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm not sure if this will help or not, your version of DAZ looks different than mine but I found that at times the clothing or hair would be missing when imported into 3dXchange, but if I selected the shoes for example, and went to the Materials section, I would find that the Opacity was at 0 and when set to 100 they would appear!

As far as the grey skin, that's a DAZ setting.

Are you locking all the settings for the various morphs on your character or clothing?

I can guarantee that it's not a problem with 3Dxchange, it only reads what DAZ has written in the file and displays what it finds there.

Search out 'Warlord', he has a ton of tutorials on DAZ stuff.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
The free FBX converter from Autodesk has a viewer option. You could see what it looks like using that.

I haven't used the Genesis export from DAZ a lot, but as far as I remember it always worked. I just tried it again, and my figure imported with textures. So I can't imagine what's wrong.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic