DAZ clothed figure has extra bones and won't map

Posted By Pulp3d 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
johncarstarphen (12/24/2014)
Wow, Giarbi, that is amazing. Thank you so much for your effort. If you have time to check out the duf file, that would be great, and your solution seems to fit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k29q2pei776jgp/german%20soldier.duf?dl=0

No problem, I know the frustrations of going from DAZ to iClone only too well!

The duf only opened with blocks for the uniform because the geometry files aren't included in a duf but that's ok cuz it did show me that both the collar and the pockets are the culprits. I imported the fbx and toyed with parenting and fit to's for those two items but they are stubborn little buggers!

I ended up having to clear all animations and convert those into props so they would not have bones anymore and then parented them to the tunic, however I ran out of time to mess with it for a while.

You might want to try just converting them into props without changing the parenting, but i must tell you that, whether props or figures, both of these items have a timeline key for every one of your 1700+ keys and if you go from key to key you will see that you would have to reset all the parameters as they are at key1 for both items key by key, a long and tedious task but I have done it on stubborn characters when it would take even longer to redo the whole thing!

You'll know when you got it right if the clothing stays with the character when posing, for me it didn't but I'll play around with it some more when I get time.

Merry Christmas!

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Pulp3d
Pulp3d
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
No need to waste anymore of your valuable time with this. I'm going to get a refund on this clothing item and buy similar styled garb from the iclone store. I appreciate your help.

Merry Christmas to you too! Smile

Reading This Topic