Please Forgive Me

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I seem to have forgotten how to use iClone...
I made two short movies and then have since been without a good idea for a movie that I could make.
I wanted to do the Book of Daniel from the Bible but then I figured I would need a lot more props and scenes and a larger computer.
I next thought about a toon but couldn't come up with anything to make. I even watched the cartoons on television at night and couldn't find anything.
Now I am trying and even making sheets with people or items on them and trying to make a story out of them.
I know something will come to me soon but i am concerned that I cannot even seem to make a scene with any action in it right now. Maybe it is the Christmas Season that is drawing me away though there should be some stories there.
That is my challenge for now.
KenSmile
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
LOL... welcome to my world. I've been at this so long with provided scripts that I don't think I could have an original story idea if my life depended on it! I never toss a model and after all these years I have a huge 3D morgue but no ideas!!!!! I have been fortunate enough to learn techniques from great animators and modelers (not necessarily with their skill level) but not a peep of an idea.

Frustrating huh??? All these tools and no ideas. You are not alone.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
All dressed up, and nowhere to go?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

everything is a remix....stop trying to make something different, and start making things better.

there was a lot of wisdom in picasso's statement - "Good artists copy; great artists steal"

even the bible makes this clear :p

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

Only publishers and copyright holders insist things are original! lol :p

there is a good reason copyrights expire, eventually people won't have anything left to make because it's all derivative work.

life is all about perspectives, all you are doing is expressing the same kitten from a different position.

The only thing that makes your work different, is you and how you see it ♥

someone already explained this long ago, I'm just saying it my way today.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
redrubyslippers
redrubyslippers
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
yes i get it too, its like writer block , all the models but no clue how to put a great movie together,, perhaps the new iclone will put this to rest for me for a while

RRS
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
"Good artists copy; great artists steal"

"I never stole a joke I didn't like." - Comedy legend Milton Berle

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
@PSD - one of the workgroups I used to belong to would put up a cash pool to see who could find the "already been there... done that" aspects of a script... particularly if the writer insisted it was unique. I don't think it ever took more than a couple days to spot the first one and lots of time withing hours of seeing it for the first time. We never let the writer know but it was a cool exercise to keep the boredom out of work.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I probably should finish the last book I have to publish. It has been sitting quietly for the past year. Only needs me to proof it and then publish it on Amazon.
Guess Writer's Block set in at the same time.
KenSmile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

There is a limited set of genres and formats, but thousands of books and movies.  Boy meets girl... etc.

As one screenplay writing book quoted a Hollywood producer... "Give me the same thing, only different!"

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

With the release of ic6 today, it looks like I will be with ic5.51 for awhile longer. The new one won't work on my computer.

Reading This Topic