IC 6 Transition

Posted By Alien Maniac 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Alien Maniac
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi guys,

I have a few q.

As IC6 will be out very soon YEA!, I need to know some things. First, we know that IC6 will not allow us to use; 3dxchange and Mocap until they are later released next year.

So the q: Will we still have IC5 version after the upgrade to IC6? Some of us will still need it.

Next q: When 3dxchange pipeline 6/mocap are released for Ic6 will we have to buy them? Some of us bought them recently.

Thanks much for any help with this info!
Have a Great Xmas and Holiday Season to all!

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
3DXchange, and 3DXChange Pro will work with iClone 6 for importing props, avatars, and animations. Not sure about sending iClone 6 will send G6 avatars to 3DXchange Pro, but hopefully so, and G5's, of course.

3DXchange Pipeline will work as above, but will not be able to Export.

aheng
aheng
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Are there any indications that iClone will be available to run native on OS X?
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 45 minutes ago
aheng (12/17/2014)
Are there any indications that iClone will be available to run native on OS X?

Nothing has been announced about a Mac version.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
iClone 6 Pro looks as if it is pushing the case for hi-rez monitors. The Indigo RT and even the way the Web itself is going - heading on up to 4K, 8K and beyond - all push in the same direction.

And looking up the side-effects of hi-rez monitordom I found that they included a Windows upgrade to the despised 8 or better, 8.1.

Even if your video card can handle hi-rez in the Full HD (1920 X 1080) or better, usually the monitor cannot touch that high. So it is a matter of replacing the Windows OS and then replacing the monitor.

Microsoft are already saying that if you buy Windows 8 you can upgrade immediately to Windows 8.1, and if you have that you can upgrade for free to the forthcoming Windows 10 in 2015.

Shows what they think of Windows 8.

Ah well. I'll see if I can get through Christmas on 1680 X 1050 and Windows 7.

BTW since Reallusion has declared last chance buying ends on 17th December 2014, I expect iC6 tomorrow. Though whether that is tomorrow in San Francisco or some more sophisticated global timing I don't know.

Happy Christmas, All,
And thanks for so many tips, tricks and training videos thru 2014.

Sean
System Specs
Homebuild ASRock Z68 Extreme4, i7-2600K @3.4Ghz , 16 Gb RAM, 5.5Tb HDD, Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti; Win 7 64-bit Ultimate.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
Looking at your system specs, your fine! Just get a bigger monitor.

Your already running Win 7 64 bit!
Your GTX 750 Ti has more than enough power to drive HD, and maybe UHD as well!
Your i7 CPU is plenty powerful!

Did you want to make to make a dig at Microsoft?

No offense meant there. Smile But, your computer is already on the high end of iClone requirements, except for the monitor. HD monitors are really cheap now!
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi rampa

Thanks for that.

I took a deep breath and your advice and bought an HD monitor which amazingly worked. (Many monitors say in the requirements OS Windows 8 or better.) As others on the forum have also done I had switched off Windows Update and I had to switch it on and endure hours of downloads. All better now.

The initial two screen set up had some bad moments but now for several days iC6 Pro is up and working. Now all I gotta do is spend three months learning how to use it at least minimally.

Thanks for your help and may all Forum users have a reasonably contented Christmas sweating over a hot keyboard. Remember, your suffering is character building!

System Specs
Homebuild ASRock Z68 Extreme4, i7-2600K @3.4Ghz , 16 Gb RAM, 5.5Tb HDD, Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti; and NEW! Win 7 64-bit Ultimate (SP1) Samsung S24D300H 1920X1080.

Reading This Topic