Profile Picture

Just purchased 3D Exchange Pro. Is file for DAZ facial mapping included?

Posted By pfontaine2 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Just purchased 3D Exchange Pro. Is file for DAZ facial mapping...

Author
pfontaine2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I just purchased 3D Exchange Pro based on what I've seen on YouTube concerning the conversion of DAZ Genesis characters to iClone. A file is shown that can be dragged onto a DAZ face that does all the facial mapping but I can't find it.

Am I supposed to purchase something else instead for this one feature? Is there a way to purchase this file alone?

I have no intention of exporting anything out of iClone to a game engine like the Pipeline version allows, I just want the flexibility of bringing DAZ characters into iClone to supplement what I already have.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Pierre
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Your fine with the Pro version. The DUF file is something that can be purchased as well, but you if your willing to do a bit more work, you don't need it.

Do a forum search for "DAZ morph rules" and you should find some pointers on how to do the visemes yourself.

There are some Youtube videos that show how to set the morphs in 3DXchange Pro.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
@Pfontaine2

I think there is the DUF file you need in this package:
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/promo/2013_Facial-Pipeline-Character-Pack/default.html
pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Thank you both for your help. I sent a support ticket to Reallusion to ask what my options are with regards to getting this functionality. I suspect I'll be asked to purchase the Facial Pipeline pack, which isn't a horrible thing.

I'm not saying that I was mislead (I'm not) but I expected that 3DXPro would do everything required to bring and animate DAZ characters in iClone. That expectation is due in part to my researching YouTube videos regarding 3DXPro and DAZ. The videos I watched weren't explicit where the DUF file came from so I just assumed it was part of 3DXPro.

At least I look forward to Reallusion's response before purchasing anything in order to get the file.

Thanks again!
Pierre
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
pfontaine2 (12/14/2014)
I just purchased 3D Exchange Pro based on what I've seen on YouTube concerning the conversion of DAZ Genesis characters to iClone. A file is shown that can be dragged onto a DAZ face that does all the facial mapping but I can't find it.

Am I supposed to purchase something else instead for this one feature? Is there a way to purchase this file alone?

I have no intention of exporting anything out of iClone to a game engine like the Pipeline version allows, I just want the flexibility of bringing DAZ characters into iClone to supplement what I already have.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Pierre

Hi Pierre

Just to clarify, if you want the iCloneFaceKey.duf file for quick and easy conversion of Daz Genesis characters to iClone, then you will need the Facial Pipeline Character Pack. However if you are willing to invest a little time, you can do all this manually if you wish.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response. I know I would get a lot of content with the Facial Pipeline pack but the content feels like padding when all I really want is that file that I feel should have been part of 3DXchange in the first place. Sorry for the grumbling.

I see I can get the Facial Pipeline over at DAZ for about $90 on my Platinum Plus Membership. Having just spent $100 for 3DXPro 5, I'm looking for a bargain wherever I can find it especially during the Christmas season.

I really love Reallusion's software and I appreciate all it offers me but boy, it can certainly be an expensive hobby...

Thanks again,
Pierre

Edited
10 Years Ago by pfontaine2
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Doing it the free way is pretty easy, and it gives you the experience for doing so with non-Genesis 1 avatars as well.

In the DAZ FBX export, click on the "Export Rules" and add one called "head", or "face". Then make sure to check the "Export Morphs" box.

This video will guide you through using the morphs. They will be part of the FBX file.

pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Rampa,

I'll certainly give this a try. It seems a bit tedious but I appreciate the information and the knowledge that I can tackle this myself.

Pierre

Reading This Topic