Crazy Talk with Animator 2

Posted By bhp2000 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
bhp2000
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi

I love CT7 Pro and now see some bargain on animator.

1. Do these two programs allow for sharing files, characters etc.?
For example, let's say I just built a great character in CT7 and would like
to use it (import it or whatever) in Animator. Doable?

2 Does animator have the exact same CT7 face editing tools? Meaning,
were I to buy animator2, does that basically make my CT7 Pro kinda
meaningless then?

3 I've read that CT6 used to have multiple audio or character layers or some such.
Will that feature ever return to 7 or subsequent versions? It would save a lot of time
if two or more characters (with separate voice tracks) could be created at one time.

Well, still learning. Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
bhp2000 (12/5/2014)

1. Do these two programs allow for sharing files, characters etc.?
For example, let's say I just built a great character in CT7 and would like
to use it (import it or whatever) in Animator. Doable?

The two programs should be considered standalone titles, however you can import CrazyTalk 6/7 scripts into CrazyTalk Animator but not the other way around. Characters can't be exchanged between the two products.

2 Does animator have the exact same CT7 face editing tools? Meaning,
were I to buy animator2, does that basically make my CT7 Pro kinda
meaningless then?

Similar but not exactly the same. CrazyTalk Animator 2 works with both Morph (Photo) based
characters and Sprite (Vector) based characters. CrazyTalk 7 only works with drawings or photos in standard image formats. However CrazyTalk 7 also has innovative new features like auto-motion and reactive auto-motion plus web and game export options. Plus it has a shorter learning curve than CTA2.

3 I've read that CT6 used to have multiple audio or character layers or some such.
Will that feature ever return to 7 or subsequent versions? It would save a lot of time
if two or more characters (with separate voice tracks) could be created at one time.

CrazyTalk 6 used to allow up to 4 characters to talk from a single photo. However this was before CrazyTalk Animator. Now we recommend CTA for multiple character work and CT7 for single character work. It should also be remembered that CT7 allows for web, interactive, gaming and mobile output but these options do limit it to single characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic