Profile Picture

Possible to get freelance work with Iclone?

Posted By tylerzambori 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tylerzambori
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi all,

I know the "traditional wisdom" is that one has to have Maya to get freelance work in animation. Yes, Iclone is a pro-sumer software.

And yet I see people in the testimonials section who use Iclone in their freelance animation business.

OK, so what kind of work could one do with Iclone? Market oneself in the field of pre-visualization? Become a one-man ad agency? Get government contracts to better help the drone pilots kill people? Do something more iffy like start a blog and try to sell t-shirts to support your film-making efforts?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.....

"I am not a senior anything."
tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

here are some of those testimonials:

" iClone supports us in developing the content for pre-visualization for feature films

Reallusion products are one among our inventories which supported us in developing the content for pre-visualization for feature films, TV and web media. Our production division developed more than 30000 minutes of animation content using various Reallusion software. VegaH Studios got very good appreciation from the film directors for our involvement in using iclone for the pre-visualization work done for the feature films. Using iclone, we further advancing ourselves in building quality oriented content which caters the markets of TV and web media.

By Eswar, Technical Director of VegaH Studios "

" I'm really too busy playing with iClone5 to say what an incredibly fun

I'm really too busy playing with iC5 to say what an incredibly fun, addictive and did I say FUN product it is....so I won't. I just don't have time since I'm trying out all the cool, new, wonderful, awesome and did I say FUN new features... .....well so there just don't have time to say..... THANKS

By Mark Pleasant, Animator from SmallWStudio
10/04/2011 "

" I have completely shifted the production to iClone

A lot of the things I would be forced to do in post-production I can achieve right inside of iClone. And…the content I create or purchase for the film can simply be imported into the program at a click of a button. http://www.leefilm.com/moviestorm-to-iclone/

By Leefilm Productions
04/13/2011 "

" iClone4 differentiates my online presence and product line

It has enabled me to move into the professional world of 3D filmmaking and animation while also empowering my business with tools to differentiate my online presence and product line.

By Damiam Wickie (Wolfzone)
10/12/2009 "

"iClone

"I bought iClone for home use - but already see how it can make my work life much easier. So easy to use Smile"

By Dyanni
01/04/2006 "

mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I used some clips like this in a corporate video project...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Corporate Video! That is a good idea. Do you produce the entire video for your corporate clients?

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
another question, .....How do you charge your rates ?

I've been fortunate to do a few freelance gigs.....but i often have trouble answering for my rate when looking for new clients! The people I have worked with simply liked my work and I worked within their budgets ....but in order to make a pro website - rates need to be added!

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
I know Armstrong does projects for corporate clients. Maybe he can shed some light.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
tylerzambori

I'm in the same situation. I would Love to make a living using Iclone ( Can't wait for IC6 though) I've done a few thing for people. Right now I am trying to learn Unity, on my own so I can start my Mobile Gaming Company.

But yea I believe you can make a living of Iclone but with IC6 coming out. You could produce a better product to sell.

btw do you have any work you did I could see. Here is a few videos I did when I first started using iclone...https://vimeo.com/100524328
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

tylerzambori (12/4/2014)
Corporate Video! That is a good idea. Do you produce the entire video for your corporate clients?

Yes. Pretty much all of the time I direct/shoot and edit the projects.
The client has a rough script/outline that I will follow but with most clients just come to me and tell me what they need for a given topic and I'll run with it. It helps to have been doing this for a few years about 40 but who's countin' Tongue

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

planetstardragon (12/4/2014)
another question, .....How do you charge your rates ?
I've been fortunate to do a few freelance gigs.....but i often have trouble answering for my rate when looking for new clients! The people I have worked with simply liked my work and I worked within their budgets ....but in order to make a pro website - rates need to be added!

That's the million dollar question!!TongueTongueTongue It's changed over the years and it's really what the market will bare. I try to gauge what their market is and how much they can spend. Sometimes I can get my full rate but times change and one's gota eat ya know!!!!TongueTongueTongue

I've never competed with the big boys..I have my niche and I'm happy with itWink

PROMO-BACK2

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
mark (12/4/2014)

I've never competed with the big boys..I have my niche and I'm happy with itWink

my dad once told me, 'shoot for the moon, and settle for the stars"
i'm trying to be humble about it......I just want to conquer the world. BigGrin

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic