Profile Picture

Can you convert character specific motions to generic motions?

Posted By toonarama 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can you convert character specific motions to generic motions?

Author
toonarama
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hll there.

I am sure I have managed to this successfully before but despite many attempts I still cannot get it to work now. This is what I am trying to do:

Within Iclone I have a (3dxchange converted) non-standard character which has a set of Iclone motions which are specific to that character.

I would like to be able to convert those animations into generic animations that can be used by any character.

However when I load them up into 3dxchange - and within the manual - I cannot see a method of converting them.

I have examples of animations I have previously converted in this way (from some of arteria 3d's characters) but I cannot for the life of me remember how I managed to convert them into generic Iclone motions.

Does anybody know if this can be achieved?

Thank you

Toonarama.

tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi toon,

looks like you're gettin' old... Wink

The motion conversion is automatically done as soon as you convert your character.
So, I assume you either forgot:

1a. to import your animation (external source):

1b. to import your animation (internal):

or
2. to export your animation:

each by setting the check markers !? Unsure

Actually this shouldn't be problem as shown here for 2 Blender Chars by SlyDrako:

--------------------------------------------------

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
If you have a characterized avatar in iclone already, it's animations should already work for any other avatar.

Can you not just apply the particular animations to another avatar? Can you apply other animations to the avatar in question?
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you for your replies Rampa and Tripfreak.

Tripfreak (wonderful to hear from you again) - you are right I must be getting old! - I had completely forgotten that you could export the animation on its own and once I had done this that worked a treat - thank you very much.

Rampa - the problem was that I was trying to take a converted character (Mr Necturus  ghoul as it happens) with it's motions and then reuse the animations on other characters. The steps Tripfreak described worked perfectly - I had just forgotten that I could export the animations on their own.

Thank you both

tripfreak
tripfreak
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I believe that toonarama is not referring to a non-standard but rather to a non-human character. These animations are not directly transferable.
Only after a second conversion into a non-standard character they will be turned into generic animations.

Let's take a short example recorded at the last Goblin-Con:

Left: 3DFoin char - can only use his own animations and otherwise look cockeyed,
Right: converted 3DFoin Goblin - uses his own converted motions and all other iClone motions too (and just learned new moves from the center char)
Center: converted Orc from other tribe - passed his own converted motions to the right char and learned their moves... Hehe

Oops sorry, I was a little late Blush but this illustrates what you wanted to do !

--------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by tripfreak

Reading This Topic