Profile Picture

Does your child play a musical instrument?

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
We went with the Electric. Free lessons at Guitarlessons.com.
The electric is quieter. Volume control makes it so you cannot hear it.
The biggest problem I had was that the wife took the guitar and started playing it.
I did manage to get in a little practice with the scales today.
I made a deal with my son. Whoever plays the best gets the guitar. He is learning.
Life gets in the way for him sometimes , like school tomorrow so he has to stop sometime.
I just hope there is not a burn out period coming up and he forgets about it. I will need to challenge him with it sometime.
If he sees me doing something, he will want to copy it. My problem is fat fingers.I cannot manage to just press one string at a time for some reason. I am just playing one note at a time right now. Scales. I know I will need them anyway.
KenSmile
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Meet some folks from a big family a few years back. The gal I met first was an incredible singer and piano player, she did sessions here in Nashville and sang with her very talented husband. I later found out the the rule in their large family was you could not touch the piano... unless you were going to take 5 years of lessons. Every kid did and today they are all amazing musicians and music producers BigGrin

Oh and electric is probably a good choice. It's easier on the fingers, if the strings are set right Tongue
Ooo building up those calluses on your fingers is the hard partTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
10 Years Ago by mark
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"A little practise a day helps you work rest & play"Wink

Started here aged 10 with ukulele banjo. Progressed to 5 String Folk Banjo, 6 & 12 string Acoustic & Classical guitars. Classical guitar teacher was a RADA student, earning cash to pay for her tuition. Had a nice line in fishnet stockings. Only reason why I kept up with it. However did have the "distinction" of pub gigging on the banjo with Tim Hart & Maddy Prior of SteeleyeSpan in their student days. 

Mark was in the audience in the front row Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
No but they do play silly beggers, does that count ?

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Maybe after either me or Ray learn how to play something, we can record it and make a cartoon with it.
That would be funny. either me as an elephant BigGrin or Ray as a gazelle. Smile
Ken Smile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ray came in from the school family day yesterday and put on his electric Guitar. I tuned it for him and showed him the video lessons and then he practiced. He didn't want to stop for Dinner. This morning he woke up and wanted to practice before Breakfast.
Right now he practices until his fingers hurt and then stops. Guess I need some ear plugs.
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

After a few weeks. Ray is still practicing as long as Claudette ( his cousin) is here to practice with him. He wants her to show him everything even though she is getting it off the internet. I have a complete set of lessons for him online but he doesn't want to watch those.
I am following the lessons online and can now figure out the melody to some Christmas Carols. I am also learning to play the major scales though sometimes I am on a different one that I think.
We are coming along. Just wish Ray would open up a bit more about learning. I found out that he wanted to play at the Christmas party on the 18th but has decided to just dance with some of his friends. He loves music.
KenSmile
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hoping he'll stay with it..as I may have stated, I took some banjo lessons when I was young but really wanted to play electric bass...the folks wouldn't spring for that so I stayed with banjo for a year or so but later got a cheap guitar and tuned it low BigGrin Got interested in guitar in college and still mess around just doing my own thing making up my own songs. I'm not very good but I have fun with it. Tongue

So as I said hope he stays with it...it's a great skill to have throughout life ya know!!!Wink

Did this little ditty for the family this Thanksgiving. We all get together near a lake home my in-laws have called Rocky-Top hence the name...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
@Mark

Very nice.
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
mark (12/5/2014)
Hoping he'll stay with it..as I may have stated, I took some banjo lessons when I was young but really wanted to play electric bass...the folks wouldn't spring for that so I stayed with banjo for a year or so but later got a cheap guitar and tuned it low BigGrin Got interested in guitar in college and still mess around just doing my own thing making up my own songs. I'm not very good but I have fun with it. Tongue

So as I said hope he stays with it...it's a great skill to have throughout life ya know!!!Wink

Did this little ditty for the family this Thanksgiving. We all get together near a lake home my in-laws have called Rocky-Top hence the name...

BigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrin Loved it when the brown chook looked @ the cam, Mark. Noticed the sparrow on roof, too.Wink

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Reading This Topic