Tired out old XP graphics engine

Posted By musicaz 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
let me know when you are ready to do a render battle!

go ahead and make an iclone project, anyone you want, render it....then post the same project for me to render. We have to make sure you actually know what you are doing before we take you seriously.

Cheers!

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
It's pretty amazing to me how the number of pro-looking props and avatars in the store have been growing and growing. Plenty of new game worthy stuff appearing every week. w00t Admittedly alot of it is over-priced (IMHO) but quite a bit is reasonably priced for the amateur videoagrapher.(?? is that a word??) If realism is important to your work, then these props and characters are for you. There is not much room for complaint here.

Iclone requires some amount of work if you are to bring your story to the screen, you can't make a video of any quality from a can, however the work itself can be it's own reward. If you purchased iclone to be a video producer, then produce something. Sure it will probably suck, Crazy but then again, it might not. Satisfied You don't have to show it if you don't want to so what have you got to lose? Doze

Time to put on your 'Big Boy Pants'.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
4413Media
4413Media
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
planetstardragon (11/18/2014)
let me know when you are ready to do a render battle!

Game on.

Boom. Poison Ivy. Smile

iClone Certified Director and makes miserable Westerns.
prabhatM
Crazy
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
justaviking (11/17/2014)
You know it is a strange rant when sw00000p comes to the defense of iClone. w00t

(Love ya, buddy.)

I ran to wash my eyes and desperately looked for a digestive ayurvedic dose !Smile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

ROFL @ Benjamin - I was talking to musicaz, I know you are good - but he seems to rather dis the software than get better with it.

Infact, let's all battle his musicaz -

He makes a render in iclone passes the project to us - then we all make a render to see exactly how tired our 3D software of choice is.

Yes Musicaz, it's just you - your next post should either be an answer to this open forum challenge or an apology to RL.

hey, maybe you'll get lucky and the software is bad and no one can make your render better than you, only one way to find out eh ?

Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Musicaz or not, it's a good way to share techniques that can help everyone.

Might be better to pick up next month, though.

Here's a possibly tricky one to get right though. This idea actually comes from another user. They were trying to figure out the best way to have a completely dark room with a door that would open and be the only light source.

Of course, any kind of trickery would be appropriate. Things like multiple lights, etc. A good way to start is actually doing it in the real world. Pay crazy close attention to what the light actually does. The door should open and close.

Musicaz, would you like to create such a scene for us? or your own idea?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

honestly, those conversations about rule of thirds, sacred geometry and the understanding color video, increased my skill set tremendously - I find many of the things that make your skills better in art, are pretty much universal, so I really hunt for that kind of information to translate it to any software or art I do. Like I'm trying to figure out how to apply the rule of 3rds or the golden ratio to music - there are speculations on how to do it - i've contemplated imaging my music based on the golden ratio. Mind boggling concept actually.

like for example, when we go to see a band, the live musicians each have their place on stage ....well, when mixing a song, you pan your instruments with that in mind to give the illusion of being live .....but now cross that over into electronic music where the sound isn't even anything anyone would play on an organic instrument - how do you pan synthesizers to give a song the illusion of being a live band. There are ways to optimize how you spread your sounds to appeal to that live illusion to the listener - which would in effect be like a golden ratio. So the Golden Ratio in concept is a measurement of what we consider beautiful and pleasing but not exclusive to only visual.

there are in fact universal rules of art that i've found in music and flipped them over to animation which is why i am learning it so fast, but the same is now acting in reverse, the new stuff I'm learning in animation is revealing new ideas for music.

Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago

Wink
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wow, nice one! now imagine trying to visualize a song and arrange it to sound that way! BigGrin

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@ Musicaz

There have been criticisms elsewhere re: iClone'e Render Engine being based on XP DX9 capability.

That being-said, Pinnacle Studio Consumer NLE Program developed for XP DX9, updated to Vista DX10. Standard Version @ just £54.

Whereas Avid Liquid (Which started-out as Pinnacle Edition), Pinnacle Studio's Professional big brother NLE @ £500, was never developed beyond XP & became EOL (End Of Line). It took over 9 months to re-engineer the Render Engine, to cater for DX10.

Avid Liquid was a more complex program than Pinnacle Studio. Re-engineering the Program again for Vista DX11 wasn't cost justified. An entirely new Program Avid Studio was developed.

In view of the above, I would suggest that Reallusion were in the same boat & have now Developed a New Program; iC6.

Maybe the above puts your argument into perspective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading This Topic