Real 3D pointer

Posted By RobertoColombo 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
http://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en-us/technology/gestic/home.html

I saw "live" an application demo and it is impressive: you have a pad (connected to the PC via USB) and you move your finger above it, flying it "in the air": the pointer on the 3D scene follows your fingers in all the X-Y-Z directions.
The pad generates an electric field and the finger position creates variation that are detected by the application.
The result is a real 3D pointer controller!

This, together with the possibility to have also a vertical grid, which is used to project the pointer position, could be very useful to control 3D movement without forcing to continuously rotate the scene.

Maybe RL wish to contact Microchip ? Rolleyes

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
10 Years Ago by RobertoColombo

Reading This Topic