Messing Around with Posters

Posted By 4DFans 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
4DFans
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I recently had fun doing posters for a couple of character packs (Audrey Tribute double Feature and Kill Chuck Vol 1 & 2). So here is a Blade Runner Poster Tribute using my Agents of Retirement Character pack.

Here is a link to the Blade Runner poster I based it on

This is not the Harrison ford in the pack (which I never liked) I have been struggling with his face for a long time. This one I think works in the poster but still does not really look like him in normal light. When ever i get one I like I will replace the one in the pack. I plan on tweaking the lighting to give it more that foggy look from the poster. I will be adding the image into a free poster prop and adding it to the pack.

Here is a my Serenity (Firefly) Tribute using a Space Western Character Pack currently under development

Here is a link to the Serenty poster I based it on

A Work in progress. Needless to say clone cloth does not like Rivers pose. I will also do a free poster prop and will try to adapt it as a pack icon (its fun trying to see if you can capture the essence of the poster in an image icon size...I think I did rather well in the Kill Chuck pack).

Ray Higgins
4D Fans
https://s26.postimg.org/8qiy2pkex/4d_fans_title_plaza2_marketplace_650.jpg

Edited
10 Years Ago by 4DFans
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I love the FireFly poster, you could try adding some dof and fog in the back ground to give it some depth ..

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
4DFans
4DFans
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Actually fog wont work. the terrain along the horizon is part of a Sky(a manipulation of the canyon sky from world wilderness pack 1 with the black sky and moon painted in). I was thinking I should blend the sky better to the terrain although I could try to paint in some depth effects on the sky. I was also thinking of adding the Lens flair/ sun effect near the battle axe from the original poster... more fun

Ray Higgins
4D Fans

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The posters are both well done. Smile

I think the Serenity poster stands out, both in the original and in your representation, because of the positioning of the characters. The girls pose is heavy on the left side of the image (where her weight is), but her left leg position and the position of her sword arm drag the viewers eye to the right (they create kind of a false horizon). Three characters are placed along this 'horizon' to put weight on the right side and 'balance' the image. A very interesting execution. Smile

In the "Agents of Retirement" poster the balance is fine but the character photos seem, to me, to be a bit too symmetrical. I can't claim to be an expert but, as a casual observer of all things artistic, I have come to believe that balance achieved through an asymmetrical arrangement is generally superior to a symmetrical approach. This is just my opinion and means no more or less than that. I merely offer it as a personal observation. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Swoopster: Smile

I like it just the way it IS as well. However I got the feeling that 4d was interested in a critique. I could have been mistaken about that but, as the Randy Newman song states, "I don't think so."

My appraisal did not focus on whether or not I liked them, but on the mechanics employed to achieve balance in the two pieces of artwork. I found it interesting that they both achieved balance in different ways. I am not ignorant in such matters and would be interested in your appraisal as well. I trust that 4d will let me know if I stepped out of bounds. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
4DFans
4DFans
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just let you know I updated the Serenity poster on my google drive so the pictures update automatically. Not very good for documenting change. I add some depth effects to the mountains on the horizon and fond a way to fix (kinda) rivers dress...I actually used a pants cut look like her short skirt.

Ray Higgins
4D Fans

Stephen_j20
Stephen_j20
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Wow, 4D, these posters are totally awesome and eye-catching. Very well done. I'm extremely impressed. Thanks for sharing. I will show them to my classes tomorrow. They will love these.

cordially,

Stephen
4DFans
4DFans
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Couldn't help doing that bloody scene for my Space Western Character Pack

(Click to enlarge)

Getting close to done; the characters are pretty much done. Just a couple of outfits for the supporting characters and finishing up a couple of odds and ends

(Click to enlarge)

Ray Higgins
4D Fans

Edited
9 Years Ago by 4DFans
Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
thanksforthefakefile (1/5/2015)
NO ONE GIVE 2 SHITS ON WHY ICLONE 6 NOT LAUNCHING?????????

Have you tried turning off CAPS? Or wait for one of the many helpful Forum members reply to your post.

In the meantime, stop hijacking threads.
4DFans
4DFans
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Lost Filmmaker (1/5/2015)
thanksforthefakefile (1/5/2015)
NO ONE GIVE 2 SHITS ON WHY ICLONE 6 NOT LAUNCHING?????????

Have you tried turning off CAPS? Or wait for one of the many helpful Forum members reply to your post.

In the meantime, stop hijacking threads.

That would be almost as bad as inadvertently replying on totally unrelated comments in another topics

Ray Higgins
4D Fans

Reading This Topic