Profile Picture

Do we need a film makers area of the forum?

Posted By toonarama 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bezzer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Some very cool stuff.

There's a lot here that reflects my own thoughts regarding Iclone in general...let's face it, it IS for making movies and although there have been some incredible films made in Iclone, the movie making to tech demos/tutorials ratio is very much tipped in favour of the latter.

I like Ben's post here...it inspires me and reminds me why I have a copy of Iclone.
I want to make movies with it...I want to bring the cinema to the software...I want to discuss influences and techniques, style and genre, music and effects...film.

I think it's all too easy to forget these things when you're being bombarded with 'how to do this and that in Iclone' tutorials...not that I'm against these great tutorials (without them, I wouldn't stand a chance) but I do think it would be nice to see more folk discussing the movie making side of Iclone rather than just how to use it here.
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
rampa (11/12/2014)
Director mode is alive and well in iClone 5, so go ahead and use it!Smile

For most of us, it was to difficult to get the smooth walk paths we wanted using it. The whole AML development was meant to work with it. There are hot keys for all the perform commands, as well the asdf for walking/running/flying.

Nobody know if it lives on in iC6 or not, but the Persona feature almost surely does. I'm hoping that when 3DX6 comes out, we'll be able to add walks directly to the Persona the same way we can perform animations now.

My god! It does still exist. I had no idea and yet select an actor and click on that little button (not quite sure what the button insignia is)....

Could be fun to put together a race scene or perhaps a speed walking contest. I never really understood how to get the other kind of animations to work in this mode.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Director Mode has some interesting possibilities. Because of the "pace-in-place", it can be a bit sloppy for creating walking and running.

Here is an experiment I did where I used half a dozen dance moves with varying probability to create an "Idle" as part of an AML. An "Idle" is a collection of semi-random animations that an avatar will do in Director Mode if they do not receive any directed commands. You can put in as many animations as desired, and give each one a probability of occurring.

You can use subtle idls-ish moves, or anything else.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
An old idea, but still a good one.

So...  "bump."

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
(Viking got me here with his bump Smile I thought this was a new topic so I posted as if it were a new topic. Oh, well, I still mean what I posted so I'm going with it.
Sorry about the rant on an old topic.

"Well here we are... many years later with a bloated piece of software only able to produce dance clips and snippets of hi tech game clips."

Excuse me very much Doze but I just have to interject myself here. Although I admit that Iclone has become a bit bloated with 'sparkly' stuff, that isn't unusual.
You try things, some work, some don't, but to say Iclone is only able to produce dance clips is a totally false claim. I've made over 50 illustrations
with Iclone that have garnered a lot praise from a lot of different places. I'm on my 4th story video, each more complex than the one before it. My videos
have also garnered a lot of positive feedback.

If what you see is dance videos it's because there are a lot of people here who are not 'story people' and that's fine. They may be using Iclone to learn
how to animate, they may be using it to learn how to design clothes, they may be designing avatars and props for game use. It doesn't matter why they're 
here, They are working towards a goal and that's what the bottom line is.

I think you are ignoring the very good work that the story-tellers do produce. I could name some very good work, Marks projects with projections for stage plays
and the videos he's made with children, also his Tesla series, the XL-5 series by Harborside Press, the Robot series from Andrew Genaille and many others to
numerous to name. These productions take work, and they can take a lot of time and dedication which most here don't really possess.(My Ari vids can take up to 2 years)
Dance videos are quick and easy so...there ya go. The more people that strive for a good story the more good stories there will be.

Iclone is a fine piece of software that is going to be, and may already be, a great asset to professional film makers but it is also a great software for the amatuer
story-teller as well. I couldn't have fulfilled my dream to direct if it wasn't for Reallusion and Iclone. You don't have to have a bloated software, just buy and use
the stuff you need. I make passable video stories and I'm on a fixed income that isn't large enough to buy all the bells and whistles but that doesn't mean my
productions don't ring or whistle, they do.

That all brings me down to my belief that you are underestimating Iclone and it's potential.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter Blood
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Nice sentiments, Pete. And I agree, you can tell stories with iClone, although that topic gets a bit snowed under sometimes with all the new stuff coming out.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

CtrlZ
CtrlZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I agree also! Even though some of the new bells and whistles seem to be geared toward games (CC3 pipeline) will definitely make my work easier as did the curve editor and faceware additions! Iray? I'm still not sure about but what the hell I bought it anyway, bloatware (maybe) indigo surely was!
Mike (Kelly) has pointed out ($50) is the cost of seeing a movie with your wife lol and he's right I recently watched the new JAWS movie (3D) and left unimpressed and as he said >you takes your chances!<Unsure

Home built liquid cooled AMD Ryzen 7 1800X cpu (8 core 16 thread) 4.0GHz,  rtx 3090, ASUS Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) 6 TB HD's 4K monitor.

Reading This Topic