Fusion 7 Now Free

Posted By duchess110 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
lol, i'm the same way, i have like one of everything, it's fun being curious and experimenting with different art software BigGrin

Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
KenCoon (11/11/2014)
I just finished downloading Fuse 7.5.
I have absolutely no idea how to get a dot on the screen.
I am sooo thankful for iClone where I can make movies without needing these programs.
KenSmile
I found this tut which might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM56aqAin5A
Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

I've been looking at this in depth (and there's little info out there) and the main thing I've found is this is an After Effects rival. Not just rival but it can use AE plugins and import a variety of 3D file types so it should be able to output an iClone project through 3Dxchange and import for a full cinematic pass.
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
The Fusion takes its roots in high quality profesional production use. It is not going to be a quick study for anyone to "just learn it".

My suggestion...learn what you use and need to use. I use Sony Vegas Pro and Hitfilm constantly, and once you get past the initial purchase all the updating is sensibly priced.

I started with SonyVegas Pro 8 and now I am SV13. I have also skipped a few updates, because I wasn't convinced I needed the latest and greatest new fixes.

Will I tackle the BM Fusion? I will mess with it a bit, and if I can find there are a few things it will do that my present software will not... I will venture farther into learning the application.

The interface is entirely different, and very proprietary. Not much has been addressed to make it a program geared for easy learning by people coming from other software. We have to remember it came from EYEON very professional tools for video production.

The problem could very well be the price. BlackMagic isn't a cheap way to do anything. Everything is strongly geared towards professionals. If you are interested to become a professional videographer then I think it would be a plus tool for you. If you go to the blackmagicdesign.com you will see a huge presentation of very professional hardware tools for video production.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Lost Filmmaker (11/11/2014)
I've been looking at this in depth (and there's little info out there) and the main thing I've found is this is an After Effects rival. Not just rival but it can use AE plugins and import a variety of 3D file types so it should be able to output an iClone project through 3Dxchange and import for a full cinematic pass.

You have to read very carefully about the after effects. I missed what you said. I was thinking it allowed you to export into AE.

I found the old EYEON videos to watch, so I will stay with those for a bit. I had to give up the adobe AE, because the upgrade prices were not helpful for the little use I made of them. I did go to the icloud version of creative suite for one year at $30 per month. That wasn't too bad, but didn't use the package enough. After the year was up they started charging $50 per month, and I quit immediately. Adobe hit my credit card for an additonal $50 when I quit and tried to get $50 more. When you give access for withdrawl on your CC you do take a chance on the integrity of who you give access. It will be a cold day in the devils workshop before I do anything Adobe.

I still have an old CS4, which is still very adequate...but no after effects.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampart (11/11/2014)
You have to read very carefully about the after effects. I missed what you said. I was thinking it allowed you to export into AE.

I found the old EYEON videos to watch, so I will stay with those for a bit. I had to give up the adobe AE, because the upgrade prices were not helpful for the little use I made of them. I did go to the icloud version of creative suite for one year at $30 per month. That wasn't too bad, but didn't use the package enough. After the year was up they started charging $50 per month, and I quit immediately. Adobe hit my credit card for an additonal $50 when I quit and tried to get $50 more. When you give access for withdrawl on your CC you do take a chance on the integrity of who you give access. It will be a cold day in the devils workshop before I do anything Adobe.

I still have an old CS4, which is still very adequate...but no after effects.
I used to use AE CS4, until about 3 years ago and it was slow going; it was complicated, there were conflicting processes and it took forever to render. I don't like their current pricing scheme and will only use Photoshop.

But back when I was filming I used AE for every project, for colour grading and titles. Fusion offering those makes it worth checking out for me, even if my hunch about making it work with 3Dxchange doesn't pan out. And it may not be easy to learn but one of my old jobs was to retro-engineer software whose instructions had disappeared. I'll make it work.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I always look at the free stuff.
I think I am going to keep my edu edition of 3D Coat, anim8or, Blender (Need to go to school for that one), Pinnacle and a few more and let the rest go.
iClone6 should have most of what I need so I should be okay there until I get some more education. Still learning.
KenSmile
Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think I've found conformation about Fusion importing obj files in an old press release.

Fusion 7’s 3D system and renderer import geometry from FBX and Alembic, as well as OBJ, 3DS, and Collada. Millions of polygons, complex Shaders, Ambient Occlusion, Deep Volumetric Atmospherics, Particles Systems, and other toolsets, are now all final rendered with advanced optimization for GPUs, benchmarking in seconds instead of hours.
Fusion 7 offers the ability to have multiple 3D renderers all in one project, all integrated and rendering different aspects from the same scene. Generating Deep Passes, such as World Position, Normals, UV, and Velocity, with Fusion’s flexibility to combine 3D and 2D in a single workflow, is a significant demarcation point from other applications.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 29 minutes ago
I barely understand what they are talking about...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (11/13/2014)
I barely understand what they are talking about...Unsure
I know, I get like every other word but there's things I've never seen before (Normals?)

I could be wrong but I think that Fusion can import "common" 3D files and animate/texture/direct/render them at a pro level. 3Dxchange can convert IC files into these "common" types.

It's a theory which I shall try to put into practice sometime in the future.

Reading This Topic