Posted By ckalan1 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to make the round trip from DAZ to iclone back to DAZ

Author
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (11/9/2014)
prabhatM (11/9/2014)
[quote]MIMIC is almost as old as DAZ. Actually older.

Now that we are discussing few points, I have a simple suggestion.

When somebody asks for help. Focus on his problem. Don't focus on things what RL did or didn't do.

Then see the magic.

Look! Don't get you panties in a bunch.

A question was asked.. I shared my opinion.
You don't like what or How I say it... Sorry!

Nothing you say or do will change my opinion.
...at the end of the day, "I sincerely hope I've helped the OP!"

See the reality!

BREVITY.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
swooop, you have bad grammar and are clueless about daz.

shutting up, may be a professional approach for you in this specific scenario.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

right, momma makes a burger better than mcdonalds roflmao! Whistling

you may want to save those words for a thread named "How to glorify swoop"

unfortunately, that wasn't the name of this topic. Crying

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

you said you are clueless about daz. everything after that was self glorifying fluff. you would have been more helpful by explaining how to create carbon dioxide.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

try this, let's read the title of the thread.....

ckalan1
ckalan1
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
sw00000p thanks for your answer. That is what I suspected. I think the problem is with the DAZ fbx importer. And thank you to all the others who shared their opinion.

I wanted to see if anyone had success doing this process and it appears that no one has.

The reason I wanted to do this was to get the facial expressions back into DAZ. I have found that lipsync for my purpose is very quick in iclone and I can make it look believable. Plus the animation tools are very simple to use.

DAZ has a fairly good render engine and DAZ is free.

I like the Furryball renderer but it cost a lot. But, if I can't figure out how to get iclone facial expressions back into DAZ I will export it to 3ds max and buy Furryball.

Buy the way, I just bought iclone to get iclone 6 for previz work. It looks like it might work nicely. I haven't used iclone for several years but it looks like I might start using it again on a regular basis.

If I find a solution I will post it for all the enthusiastic forum members. And thanks again to everyone who want to help. I really appreciate all the input.

Craig
Edited
10 Years Ago by ckalan1
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
sw00000p (11/9/2014)
@Cricky,
Can one import animation to the Mimic tool?

As far as I know, Mimic Live uses LIVE only input.. I never bought it because of that. It doesn't appear to do more than record live audio and then translate it. So you can't make mistakes unless you want to keep doing takes, which can be edited or removed within the process. Seems to be a backward process from Mimic3, but is the only viable alternative to facial animation for the current Genesis (beyond 4), and there in lies the rub.

Mimic3 did (and still does) use external WAV recordings for input, or live recording. The Character requires a *.cr2 profile for it to work. I don't believe there is a CR2 profile for the Current Genesis models and that's why RL came up with the *.duf profile for iClone users.

With Mimic Live I'm not sure what files it references for the translation of facial input.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 20 minutes ago
I hope that it is clear from these four pages that the limitation is not iClone, but the DAZ FBX importer.

vidi was able to point that out in one sentence...Tongue

Always listen to vidi... w00t

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 20 minutes ago
I usually check my FBX export using Autodesk's FBX viewer, which I find a very useful tool. If it doesn't look correct in there then I assume that something is wrong.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

woodcarver2
woodcarver2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi all
I.m new to Iclone and was looking for a place to maybe get help. but after reading this thread. i have second thoughts about asking any thing. at the risk of having a fight brake out. I don't know what it is in Forums but seems that everyone is the same some newcomer comes in and just want's to get help and learn the way around a new program and ask a question and all of a sudden we of the question asked and telling everyone they are no good and it goes on and on.
I have just got Iclone 5 and am waiting for the new Iclone 6 I wanted to be able to get some of my Daz content in to Iclone so I could use it there. I have 3dexchange 5.5 and tried to export and get it in to Iclone and no luck but I don't want to start a fight on this. Yes it probley has been ask here some place and I really need to take a look around the forums here and see. but after reading this thread I'm not sure about it

just me looking and seeing what the forums are about

Woody2

A real new guy trying to learn Iclone

Reading This Topic