Profile Picture

I Didn't Qualify for Free iClone 6 after spending $305.00 in the Content Store?

Posted By jasonjbrown 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

I Didn't Qualify for Free iClone 6 after spending $305.00 in the...

Author
Pinch
jasonjbrown
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
After weeks of deliberation, I finally managed to order $300 of stuff on the RL Content Store.

Now I got this email basically saying that I don't qualify for either version of iC6! It seems that my 3Dexchange purchase ($120) didn't count towards the offer even though it was part of the same order.

I am hugely disappointed and I hope that this is a mistake on RL's part.

There's been tonnes of discussion in the forum about what does and does not qualify towards the free iC6--- I don't understand why this is happening.

There's no way I can afford to pay another $300 for iC6 after this...

SMH
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm sure they will sort something out for you but I think the problem is you were meant to spend the money on either content or software but not a mixture of both.
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The "rules" regarding purchases to obtain the free IC6 upgrade were to spend the required sum, $199/299, on either content OR software - but you couldn't mix purchases of content AND software. This fact was explained more than once during the past few weeks since the offer was announced. One example is this post by Peter where he said:

If you buy any bundle over $299 then you will get iClone6 Pro + Indigo RT FREE.
Likewise spend over $299 on content packs and get iClone6 Pro + Indigo RT FREE.

It was also pointed out by several users, myself included, that this stipulation was going to cause confusion - RL stated that there was nothing to get confused about. w00t

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
jasonjbrown (11/7/2014)
After weeks of deliberation, I finally managed to order $300 of stuff on the RL Content Store.

Now I got this email basically saying that I don't qualify for either version of iC6! It seems that my 3Dexchange purchase ($120) didn't count towards the offer even though it was part of the same order.

I am hugely disappointed and I hope that this is a mistake on RL's part.

There's been tonnes of discussion in the forum about what does and does not qualify towards the free iC6--- I don't understand why this is happening.

There's no way I can afford to pay another $300 for iC6 after this...

SMH

Terms and Conditions:

Promotion Period: Starts from September 25th, 2014 00:00 MST to November 9th, 2014 23:59 MST.

Promotion offer: during the Promotion Period, purchase any content with a cumulative value of over $199 USD and receive a free copy of iClone 6 Pro, or over $299 USD to receive a free copy of iClone 6 Pro+ Indigo Render Suite. iClone 6 Pro and Indigo Render Suite are windows download versions only.

All iClone / CrazyTalk / CrazyTalk Animator/FaceFilter standalone content are eligible including combo content packs, and DA points purchased at the Reallusion English Content Store only.

This promotion does not apply to: 1. Any software bundles with included content from the Reallusion’s Online Store. 2. Any content purchased at the Reallusion Marketplace.

The final sales price after all discounts and coupons have been calculated is the price that will be counted as part of the total accumulation during the promotion period. Limit of one free copy of iClone6 Pro or Indigo Plug in per Reallusion member account. eg. If a member spends $699 during the promotional period, he/she will receive only one free copy of iClone6 Pro + one free copy of Indigo Plug in, not 2 free copies of iClone6 Pro + one copy of Indigo Plug in.

The members who are eligible to receive a copy of iClone6 Pro or iClone6 Pro + Indigo Render Suite will be officially announced and contacted via email approximately 3 working days after the iClone6 launch. All contacts and announcements prior to this date in regards to eligibility are considered as reference only, and not as part of an official announcement.

In the case of refunds for purchases made during the promotion period, the refund amount will be deducted from the total value accumulated during the promotional period. If the refund is made after the promotion, resulting in a total accumulated value of less than the requirement, the serial number for the free copy of iClone6 Pro or Clone6 Pro + Indigo Render Suite will be disabled.

Terms and Conditions of this promotion are subject to change without notic

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Cynical/realistic hat onWink

Complete confusion all round (as usual), IMO, Gerry, if you read "all" of the posts in "all" of the related Threads.Ermm

I washed my hands of the whole iC6 "Thing" some time-ago & will wait 6 months for the expected bugs to be ironed-out, before making a decision to just upgrade, if iC5's release is anything to go by Ermm

IMO, there are possibly those who can ill-afford to do-so, who've been persuaded by slick "Buy one, get two free" marketing, to part with their money on a Product for which there's no confirmed release date & is more than likely not to work "out of the box".

Cynical/realistic hat off Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Does Reallusion have a 30-day, money back policy?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
justaviking (11/7/2014)
Does Reallusion have a 30-day, money back policy?

Short answer, yes. Link

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I remember there were lots of problems and complaints about this same issue the last time.
Don't take the risk, just buy the upgrade. My two cents.

"I am not a senior anything."
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
colour (11/7/2014)
Cynical/realistic hat onWink

Complete confusion all round (as usual), IMO, Gerry, if you read "all" of the posts in "all" of the related Threads.Ermm

I washed my hands of the whole iC6 "Thing" some time-ago & will wait 6 months for the expected bugs to be ironed-out, before making a decision to just upgrade, if iC5's release is anything to go by Ermm

IMO, there are possibly those who can ill-afford to do-so, who've been persuaded by slick "Buy one, get two free" marketing, to part with their money on a Product for which there's no confirmed release date & is more than likely not to work "out of the box".

Cynical/realistic hat off Wink

I think the confusion was mainly caused by members who didn't read the terms and conditions. I did my part to explain, but some due diligence is required. I don't see any reason for blame on RL's part in this case.

And I don't think anybody was tricked by slick marketing. People have to take some responsibility there IMO.

I mean, IC6 was coming and the offers were very similar to some that have been made in the past.

Anyway, the best course of action for Jason is to contact support.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago

300-120=180

So, basically you'd have to spend another 20$ the next 2 days to get iClone 6 without Indigo.
Also, you could give back 3dexchange...

You still have time left Smile

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danke für Flex - Haare und Kleidung, die nicht durch den Avatar gehen !

Reading This Topic