Profile Picture

Lumion 5 is doing some impressive crowd scenes!

Posted By Rampa 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Not to mention, a whole lot else.

rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Nice and expensive too!

I get so tired of tweaking the timeline I gotta do something else, even when it produces "nada".

A new software isn't in my plans, hopefully the iclone 6 will satisfy me for another year or so.

I have really enjoyed the Arteria3D of late. Steve has a bag full of tricks. I have been thinking I might take that course he is offering. Heck, it wouldn't hurt me to learn how to make a medieval castle or two. Knowing of course that it will take years to learn it well enough to prevent buying one of his "extremely" nice and inexpensive castles. Cool

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Yes I saw it , I posted it in the tread about PBR textures BigGrin

The best EZ UI of the wolrd: Lumion 5
The worst market price of the world : Lumion 5 : 4316 $ !!!!!!!! it's a joke!!!!!
But it's realtime....
I hope Iclone 6 will have the same realtime render engine..

Lumion is a very closed world in my opinion but the realtime volumetric lights are amazing !!!
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
It does seem absurd to us that the price is so high, but it's target market is architectural visualization which tends to be expensive no matter what. Just goes with the field, I guess.

I do remember Mach Studio Pro being in this price range as well, and for one reason or another, was abandoned and made free.

It also was a proprietary format, which made the free version next to useless.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
For me it is a joke and little arrogant to sell this toy at this price because some weeks ago they
made a kids user contest...!!!???? Which kids can buy this tools?...... Only children of architects....
I think today with the competition market they missed something big happen. But they're Europeen and they're are little out of marketing Wink I know it because I lived in europe for 35 years and that's why I went to north america Tongue
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Just noticed Arteria 3D has a big discount sale going on right now. Music packs for $1.99 instead of $25.
KenSmile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Lumion 5 --- Yes, it certainly does some impressive stuff.

We've also seen some cool stuff from a "pre-vis" package that focuses on movie sets, cameras, and equipment (dollies, cranes, mic booms, lights, etc.).  Sorry I can't recall the name right now.  I was envious of it's "walk/jog/run" controls, and lack of foot sliding.  But it fell far short of iClone in many other ways.

You always have to be careful of patents, but this is why market research (by Reallusion) is always important.  Pick the best features you find (in addition to the ones you invent), and try to seemlessly incorporate them into your product.  Always remember, your competitors hire smart people too.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Sen
Sen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
w00t very impressive

Thank Rampa

CGTRADER

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Nobody's perfect.

In the crowd scenes, people happily walk right through each other.

It's still impressive, but if you're making a movie and you add "extras" to your scene, you sure don't want people walking through each other in the foreground, especially if they stroll through your main character.

I wonder how much manual work would be required to fix that, even if you don't fix every person in the scene?  Can you pick one avatar, and assign it to a path?

Also, the people walking on the bridge in the oil painting lean way back.  I think they're perpendicular to the  arched bridge, not vertical with the world.  (Or it's a fisheye lense distortion.)

Don't get me wong; it's still very impressive.  But it's not perfect.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
mtakerkart (10/21/2014)
For me it is a joke and little arrogant to sell this toy at this price because some weeks ago they
made a kids user contest...!!!???? Which kids can buy this tools?...... Only children of architects....
I think today with the competition market they missed something big happen. But they're Europeen and they're are little out of marketing Wink I know it because I lived in europe for 35 years and that's why I went to north america Tongue

Yes, Marc, but they're Dutch. The Dutch know about marketing... I know because I lived there for 43 years, although I now also live in the US. I have no marketing skills, though...Crying

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic