Will I need iClone5 to get iClone6?

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
The reason I am asking is that I plan to bet a new CPU and could leave iClone5 on this one and then when iClone6 comes out, put that one on the new CPU.
If i don't have iClone 5 now (which I purchased) I will be given it if I buy the content and then be given iClone6 in December.
KenSmile
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Being that you already have iC5 and are waiting to receive your free iC6, your all set. You will get a new serial number for iC6 when you get it.

Make sure that your new computer is 64-bit, as iC6 will be 64-bit only. It's also best to an Nvidia GTX level graphics card. The last 2 digits in the number part are the most important. You should try and have those numbers be above 50. So, for example 760, 770, 970, 980. The first digit is the series number, and the second digits denote power. Try not to go below the 7xx series, and absolutely do not go below the 4xx series (pretty old now) because cards that old do not support DirectX 11.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
also on the content, the iclone 6 stuff, mainly characters, will more than likely only work on 6.....

technically you can put the rest of your ic5 compatible content on an external drive and just move it to whatever computer you want to animate on- the only drawback, at least with 5, is that it won't show up on the default tabs and you will have to access it through windows drag and drop approach. but even that's not really a big deal because you can see the content icons in windows anyway.

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

That sounds good. then I can move my old computer upstairs and if I can't sleep work on it at night and keep my iClone6 downstairs o work on during the day.
KenSmile
yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Yes and no.
The yes part is, with the license thing you are perfectly right.

The no part is, that iClone 5 will not be able to open the iClone 6 projects.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danke für Flex - Haare und Kleidung, die nicht durch den Avatar gehen !

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
yaRincewind (10/20/2014)
The no part is, that iClone 5 will not be able to open the iClone 6 projects.

Agreed.

Projects can move "forward only."

5 to 6 = yes

6 to 5 = no

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Guess i could always do cartoons on one and other movies on the other.
It would only be used when I am upstairs at night anyway.
KenSmile
yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Hi,
technically it's ok but I still wonder if it's smart.

You have to install content allways twice, but that's something you'll have to either way. So no problem on this side Wink

My feeling tells me, having the same software on different computers makes life easier. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'd install iClone 6 on both computers and would let them share the custom folders on a network drive.
But, that's what I would do. Doesn't mean it's a good idea for you.Rolleyes

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Installing iClone6 on two computers is against the terms unless you purchase another license.
I currently have a license for iClone5.51 and will have one for iClone6.
The terms say it is a one user one computer license.
KenSmile
yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

We had this years ago.
In fact you may not use it on two computers at the same time. But at least with iClone 5 RL agreed to have iCLone 5 installed on two computers without any problem.

Look in your account under license history.
There you will find something like "activated licenses" two are maximum.

Reading This Topic