Posted By Rampa 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What if iClone 6 gets hotkeys for motion layer/reach targets

Author
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Right now, and it looks similar for iC6, we have panels for the Motion Layer, and for the Reach Target.

What if we also had a hot-key that when held down would temporarily activate those modes. I'm thinking it could work in a similar manner to holding down the "Alt" key to navigate the camera when using the Gizmo.

Can we already keep those panels open all the time in iC6?

This would facilitate quick bone edits and root translations at the same time.

For the Reach Target, if we could also have an adjustable offset or snap to object surface as part of such tool.
rampart
Whistling
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Good information, Rampa

Similarly there may be other ways to assist users as well. RL has their way of doing things and I am pretty well persuaded that any recommendations that they will accept have to be basically within their scope of how things work over the entire application. That would make sense of course...but afterall they are introducing a new GUI, which provides an excellent opportunity to change some conventional ways of doing things.

I have often thought about a click on from edit motion layer, target reach, and several others to the other pages that need edits.

Example: When you are using the motion edit tools you have activated motions, animations,etc.
Then you have to go back an activate avatar again. You have to select the avatar, then move through the processes again. You have to start at the header bar to go to the activity that will bring up the proper screens for modify.

Often, I have found myself lost in where the heck do I go to create the path, and then change the look at, etc. A lot of clicking and looking. "I think", I know now where to go, and what to expect. When I was new... It was a constant hassle to get the relevant right sidebar to appear with the information I needed to change, etc.

It would seem sensible to me for related required clickons to be a part to the pages, like in the motion layer, reach target, then back and forth. I am sure RL could create the necessary link backs through some consistent methods to help faciliate further action.

This may sound strange to some readers. I am now looking into a programmable keyboard to facilitate some of the consistent keystokes necessary to accomplish things I have to do so often. I have an old Xkeys (non-usb), which worked great when I used it. They now have a USB version that allows scripting for keys.

http://xkeys.com/xkeys/xk24.php

This thing works...awesome and it is cheap for what you do with it. The best part of a programmable keyboard - allows you to name your individual keys, which have multiple keystrokes applied to that one key (including scripts). This way you can forget about all the steps you take to do things in iclone as soon as you have completed your scripts.

There are other programmable keyboards, which you can Google and find. I have a MSFT keyboard with programmable keys, which I "could" use. I only bought it for the lighted keyboard. The problem is -> with a programmble keyboard you end up using it for other applications as well. The X-Keys allows you to insert little pieces of paper under each transparent key cover to explain what the key does. You can work out simple codes as well that mean something to you for more complicated scripts. So, I don't use the MSFT keyboard for programming scripts...I just can't remember what key does what. w00t

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart

Reading This Topic