Previously Standard Human?

Posted By Rampa 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 26 minutes ago
Well, with the iC6 avatars going to one piece, I guess they get the distinction of wearing the moniker "Standard Human".

In my eyes, it's really the skeleton which has always determined the "standard Human", with the interchangability of parts playing second fiddle.

I'm also assuming that a single mesh is a much better choice for the body morphs that are mentioned on the iC6 page.

Hopefully the "segmented" bodies will still work fine as well.

Will clothing be more like it is in DAZ and Poser?
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
That's the big question, about the clothing. I hope it is more versatile than DAZ, whatever it's going to be. From a user perspective, I've always liked the segmented clothing approach.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Same here -- I much prefer designing my own custom costumes with the CloneCloth templates. Mix and match is much more versatile.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

I actually meant how DAZ works within DAZ, rather than imported into iClone as it currently is. Within DAZ, the clothing is separate from the body layer, and completely customizable, both in modularity and in styling with the various texture channels.

That is, there is the body, and then all the clothing bits you can put over it.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
rampa (10/2/2014)
Well, with the iC6 avatars going to one piece, I guess they get the distinction of wearing the moniker "Standard Human".

In my eyes, it's really the skeleton which has always determined the "standard Human", with the interchangability of parts playing second fiddle.

The new G6 Characters will be classified as Non-Standard Characters.

Actually the skeleton is not really the determining factor. You could have two characters with identical skeletons (RL Bone Rig). One would be a traditional "Standard Character" if the connection points between the neck, waist, ankles and wrists are set correctly, but if they are not used then the character would become a Non-Standard Character.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Peter (RL) (10/14/2014)
rampa (10/2/2014)

The new G6 Characters will be classified as Non-Standard Characters.

Actually the skeleton is not really the determining factor. You could have two characters with identical skeletons (RL Bone Rig). One would be a traditional "Standard Character" if the connection points between the neck, waist, ankles and wrists are set correctly, but if they are not used then the character would become a Non-Standard Character.

Translation:  The connection points are set incorrectly on the new characters.  Tongue  Hmm????

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think the reason for the avatar parts to be included with the clothing parts was so that the weighting/shapes would always match.

I'm thinking of a way now that might work for attaching clothing-only avatars to naked avatars using reach targets.

Itching to see what iC6 avatars will bring to the table. C'mon RL, throw us another bone!BigGrin
yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
throw us another bone!BigGrin

BigGrin Love this Wink

I guess the reason for doing so is a little bit technical. You only need one texture channel for each layer of the character. So, it saves texture memory and so it can be rendered faster by the GPU.
If you have a look at game characters, they try not to waste one single pixel Smile Everything is full of texture...
Like in big cities and the plot area to be build on... every single square centimeter is used for buildings Wink

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danke für Flex - Haare und Kleidung, die nicht durch den Avatar gehen !

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I hope though that there will be an easy way to modify clothing. That was the big plus of Clone Cloth: by using Opacity maps you could do a lot to make changes. The objective of a game environment is different as the characters and their clothing are usually created in external applications. 

If IC6 characters lack options for personalization and characterization that would be a big minus to me.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If they are made like Chuck, then no, you'll only be able to edit texture. But, if they are made like DAZ, then they have skin layer under the clothing layer and are effectively "Clonecloth".

Unless you disable body parts in DAZ, all DAZ figures with clothing are "Clonecloth".

Reading This Topic