Profile Picture

Some wishes for new features, targeting Dynamic Bump maps in iClone...

Posted By RobertoColombo 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Some wishes for new features, targeting Dynamic Bump maps in iClone......

Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
1. The possibility to keyframe what image is being displayed on the Diffuse, Opacity, and Bump channel
2. A way (push button, scripting engine, whatever...) that allows to load N images on the Diffuse, Opacity, Bump channels so that they change a per-user-choice rate (that is, frame per secs)

With this two updates, it should be possible to create videos with a dynamic bump map, which should give the right "deepness" perspective to the footage.
The steps would be:
A. chroma key the source video
B. export a video in a series of .bmp images (most NLE can do that) for both the Main video (which will be used the Diffuse channel) and the Matte (which will be used for to the Opacity channel)
C. with some Photo Editor, run a script to create, from the .bmp images of the Main videos, a set of Bump images
D. apply to iClone (if the enhancements 1 and 2 above are implemented)

Peter, RL... please... :-)

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
It looks like your wish will come true in iC6.

I'm pretty sure you can already accomplish these things to some degree, and Substance in iC6 will make it even more flexible. Go check the "Substance" video for iC6, it shows that textures can have 4 different settings and change between them. Yay! Smile

You can use video in any of the channels already. Video normal maps are how the water ripples.

The "strength" slider for any channel is adjustable by keyframe, so you can have your bump fade in and out. Might be useful for "crows feet" and "worry lines" on an actors face.

Another idea for use in version 5:

There are some "dual layer" type avatars and heads that would allow for transition between two textures already by keyframing the opacity of the layers.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Rampa,

thanks for your feedback!
OK, let's wait to see how this evolves with new iClone.

I hope RL will put some focus also on this aspect, i.e. the integration between videos done in the "real world" with the 3D scene (and hopefully they will enable a direct importing of AVCHD videos...).

Cheers

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
10 Years Ago by RobertoColombo

Reading This Topic