Facerig dont bother

Posted By wendyluvscatz 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I bought Facerig on Steam thinking it might be a hand extra tool with iClone and Crazytalk etc
It does webcam facial capture and you can apparently import content too
but
reading the EULA has totally ruled it out for me
maybe not others
you need PRO to use it commercially and there are limitations and frankly it is just not good enough to justify buying Pro version anyway
Crazytalk standard is cheaper and facial puppeteer in that looks better
and of course iClone runs rings around it.
if I can get the buggy way to export videos to work without crashing it I might post an unmonetised one on my alternate obscure channel, not giving them the free publicity on my main one!

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 43 minutes ago
I backed them on Indigogo and I agree with you! I am disappointed in what they did by having a budget of a quarter million dollars.
before buying I asked them the opportunity to export to FBX, they made me understand that it was in their plan. They wowed us with an inexpensive product but they think sell the pro version 300 to 500$ !!!!...next year!!!!!!!!!!!. We waited seven months for the same thing as their demo.
Beta version today is disappointed to me, the video recorder is laggy ... You can just watch yourself through an avatar or throug skype and some video game.It's good enough for my 3 years old child...
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I looked at the description and, indeed, only Studio has export capabilities, which makes the other versions kind of useless. As they state:

Numeric export of the tracked expression data (exporting the motion capture data to use in other applications) will be a feature reserved for the Studio version. FaceRig Classic and Pro only output already rendered video and audio.

So yeah, what good is that? The way they approach it now, it's just a gimmick. How disappointing. It's also bad for crowd-funded initiatives. Can you trust them?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

I do wish iClone6 or a plugin could do facial capture though
I never bothered with the mocap as I cannot dance and others do better stuff I can buy
but
facial animation I most certainly use even with markers, to move bones on face as I want giving the character my expressions, Facerig really does not do this exactly.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

finally got the latest beta to work
but until they release a stable build and enable use with your own content, in Pro not some overpriced studio version, I am not spending more than the $10 I did for what is essentially a fun Skype plugin.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Catchy tune, Wendy! That will get me through my day at the office...Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic