New 3d Painter can be used with iclone and 3dxchange

Posted By Alien Maniac 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I took the plunge and bought the Indie Pack before the price goes up, now it's a case of wait and see how everything works with iClone 6. w00t

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Everyone using designer should check out gametextures.com I use these guys and their textures are top notch and cheap and the customer support is the best.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Yes , they answer me that their textures are PBR ready and certainely compatible with the Iclone 6 dynamic texture. And yes their price are very attractive ! Smile
harrisonaleex
harrisonaleex
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I think that the higher the resolution the better results you get in 3D tools.So this would be new attempt in painting and art.

landscape paintings
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Yoo Swooop

On this one I think your right I could make my own textures and oten do but how long would it take me to learn how to make all the textures I need and then how long would it take to make them ?

In a industry where time is money this site is a god send.

I helped film a talk at the local uni a few years back where professional game modellers talked about the industry and they all said they use places like Turbosquid and texture sites where they could.

Also there are going to be many many people who want to make models for their animation as quickly and easily as possible.

The makers of Substance designer have their own database of textures but they are at a price
Game textures.com are very cheap and have a number of licensing options $20 a month I think for 200 downloads if you don't intend to sell your models and 30 a month if your a indie developer.

I now have a large database of textures covering medieval to Scifi, a lot of the textures have two versions clean and dirty so you can even make that time laps aging effect.

Also RL sell texture packs but look at the licencing .. You can not sell.any model that uses thoes textures.

Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Simply take a picture with your smartphone/tablet/digital camera(modern), put the image in B2M3, duh name says it allw00t, adjust a few parameters, if needed, then export desired channals. Also download Substance Utility from Allegorithmic, it's a handy way to quickly make Substance materials.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I do have all the tools and I enjoy making my own textures. The models done and UVs are good now it's time to get creative but this forum is mainly for animators who want to get the scene up and running as quickly as they can.

Also RL have been selling texture pack for years with no commercial licence. I have been with these guys just over a month and now have a massive library covering everything from dwarf houses, every kind of wall you can think of, Scifi textures well you name it and it's there.

Yes we should in a ideal world all have time to make our own but as we do not this site is going to be a great asset to animators and modellers alike.

As for taking a photo and putting it through B2M the thing with that is I don't know where my nearest dwarf cavern is, Tongue taking a photo off the internet of a old Spanish road is going to give you copyright issues.

At the end of the day these textures are a great staring point.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Just a precision of PBR textures : Substance give the ability of dynamique texture (non destructive) , it is not a png or jpeg file , it is algorythm to create texture and could be animate.
For me that's the very intersting part of this tech...
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
hey mr techie-mon-swoop, follow the rule of thirds thread so you can learn a little somethin somethin on how to improve your art!! ^.^ - i'm sure you know this, but that thread will make you know it better! Cool

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic202902-281-1.aspx

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
ROFLMAO!!!

It's all goods, if I wanted my movies to look real I'd get a camera that doesn't film everything for me!

Carry on!

Reading This Topic