Iclone 5.51 crashing.

Posted By kenmatthews 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kenmatthews
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello Dennis,

I used SymMover a long time ago when my SSD became overloaded and it's always done what it says it would, never had a problem... I get Windows updates all the time and I don't have a problem with my other programmes. Here's a link to SymMover http://symmover.en.lo4d.com/ although it is freeware, I seem to recollect paying a small amount for the premium version... (I think)

Best regards.

Ken.

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Ken,

Thanks for the added info.  As I said, just because the sites I randomly tried were blocked, that doesn't mean much.

The main thing is SymMover wasn't a recent addition to your system.

As painful as it is, the best suggestion I have is to delete iClone and re-install it.  (You'll want to be connected to the internet when you remove it, I think.)  It should leave your projects and content intact, but of course good backups are always recommended.

That's all I have.  Anyone else have a better idea to try first???

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
kenmatthews (9/15/2014)
Hello Colour,

Glad to be back, I'm unsure of deleting a temporary folder, as I'm not sure that I'll be deleting the correct one. As I have a relatively small SSD, I've used SymMover to locate the files on my M drive, at least it appears that's what SymMover does...

Best regards.

Ken.

iClone has a "Hidden" TEMP(orary) Folder, containing a TEMP File that increase in size for each Render. This File can increase in size significantly (Several GBs) if you don't regularly Delete it, "possibly" affecting Editing within iClone. The same applies with NLE Video Editing Programs EG; Pinnacle Studio, which I use..

It's common practise for some iClone Editors to Delete that File. Mine is done automatically on a daily basis via a File Clean-up program. 

Check your TEMP File's size;  C:\Users\Your PC's Name\ AppData (Hidden Folder)\Local\Temp\ Possibly iClone 5 (Mine not showing, because it's been Deleted). iClone "Crashes" so seldom here, I can't remember when it last did. I use the Program almost daily. Sometimes all day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
kenmatthews (9/15/2014)
Hello Dennis,

I used SymMover a long time ago when my SSD became overloaded and it's always done what it says it would, never had a problem... I get Windows updates all the time and I don't have a problem with my other programmes. Here's a link to SymMover http://symmover.en.lo4d.com/ although it is freeware, I seem to recollect paying a small amount for the premium version... (I think)

Best regards.

Ken.

Read my Post above first.

If Mix Moves isn't "in fact" in iClone's Default Location (See Screenshot; Find File), the chances are (Knowing iClone) iClone can't find it & will possibly "Crash". So - Find the File, for elimination purposes.

If you no longer need that Program, I'd Uninstall it.

Screenshot:

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Ken, from what I understand you are using an SSD. What is the size of it and how much room is left?

iClone's temporary file can become quite large depending on the size of the project, and if space is limited on the SSD this could also pose a problem.

Also, to avoid confusion, if you were to reinstall iClone you would uninstall it first, not delete it. Deleting would be disastrous. But, yes, you would make sure that you are connected to the internet.

Some time ago, one of our members, Alley, had problems with iClone and her SSD, and it was related to lack of space. It turned out that hidden files used quite a chunk that was not reported. You could try and find that thread. There was an extensive discussion.

I use a separate hard drive for all data related to iClone as well as the temp file, so that my hard drive doesn't get overwhelmed. That's another possibility, if you have a separate second drive available. It should be internal; I wouldn't rely on an external hard drive for that. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (9/16/2014)

Also, to avoid confusion, if you were to reinstall iClone you would uninstall it first, not delete it. Deleting would be disastrous. But, yes, you would make sure that you are connected to the internet.

Yes... Uninstall.  Exclamation

I know better than that.  I must have been thinking "remove" in my head, and the wrong word came out my fingertips.

Thanks for catching that, Job.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic