Cool new re-topo software

Posted By Rampa 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I wish that for you too, but you wont get it focusing on something that inevitably will be made easier through software. As creating animations becomes more mainstream, everyone will jump in and make a plethora of ez buttons.

You are lucky to know me, i have enough talent to make you look somewhat entertaining. Let me know when you are ready.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
sw00000p (9/20/2014)
planetstardragon (9/20/2014)
I wish that for you too, but you wont get it focusing on something that inevitably will be made easier through software. As creating animations becomes more mainstream, everyone will jump in and make a plethora of ez buttons.

You are lucky to know me, i have enough talent to make you look somewhat entertaining. Let me know when you are ready.

Lets not forget "Wrap" is an awesome tool

Maybe you can use it to wrap you head around something tangible and start living for the moment.

Aspire for the future, but live for today.
Life is too short to KEEP waiting for tomorrow.

Enjoy today.

You have a point.... It's on your head. Maybe "Wrap" can remove it! Tongue

I don't mean to interject your fond posts of endearment towards one another @sw00000p & PDS. Do you guys know each other personally? I want to believe you do, and this is all tongue and creek fun comrade between you two. Other than that it is childish and unprofessional, over inflated, opinionated views of each other, and may only serves to hurt your bottom line when viewed from a potential customer standpoint.
Image is everything to a customer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

lol, my history with swoop started when he tried spin doctoring me - he got one my threads shut down for nonsense, and then tries to dog my work and worked hard at making me look bad. I suspect that he's an undercover developer originally on a mission to try to make me look bad because I was taking over the forum from the people who were rude.

I beat swoop so bad in debate, we became friends in a strange way. lol w00t

If you notice, I speak to most of the community with love and respect, swoop is one of the very few that gets tough love.

Regardless of getting a customer or not, I am the way i am here because I love art and I really enjoy being around real artists ( which swoop is not, but i made an exception because his edgeloops are perfect )

if you notice carefully, swoop rarely puts out iclone videos, always talks about how he makes sales, but never shows what shop is his. All he talks about is autodesk. He's an undercover agent for some wannabe illuminati 3D group that lack the garbanzos to step up to me direct. at least swoop has courage - he gets smacked hard for it but nonetheless has courage!

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (9/21/2014)
I only have one nerve left and psd is on it!

it's real simple swoopsie, treat us with love, compassion, patience, and kindness, and i'll be yer bestestest friend ever! <3

pull that nonsense you pulled when we first met, you'll be posting with a wedgie from the tap dancing i'll do on your tender last nerve!

Kiss

compared to the sharks in the entertainment field, at your worst you are but a guppie nibbling at my toes saying "roar!" - puhlease!

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would have to completely remake it to get it right - especially after reviewing your notes Tongue

that project was multiple lessons, from mouth rigging, creating morphs for my own model, to making the uv for perfect lines and using the avatar toolkit to make a custom face -

when I finally put it all together and animated it, after I did the lighting and put the ambient occlusion on, I saw how I had to take all that apart and rebuild the mesh and morphs because the face count needed to change. That's when i saved the project and went to daz to see if they had any new characters lol as is I did everything on that character at least 3 times over, in addition to software crashes and lost work. so that bunny is on a long vacation!! - I get it, I saw it work from start to finish, I know what i need to watch for now next time I start a new project.

Edited
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I keep reading about this "edge flow" stuff lately...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I keep reading about this "edge flow" stuff lately...

If it helps this is how I see it, imagine your going to fold a empty packed of crisps in half, it crinkles up unless you put a crease in the right place then it fold nice and neat..Tongue

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

the edgeflow effects how the character mesh bends, the uv seams, and how the shadows play on your character - when you work with low poly characters, your character is more prone to errors such as triangulated bends, un-even seams on the uv and erratic shadows highlighting bad edge flows on your mesh.

when working with low poly characters, every face and the flow of the edge that encompasses it matters as you try to optimize the model for best rendering , animating and resource conservation.

that's why Smooooth

Edited
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sw00000p (9/22/2014)

Thepattern inwhichthe edge loopsflow has nothing to do with uv's, nor seams. Tongue

you must not be up to that part yet then, got it! Tongue

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

without proper edge loops you won't have proper seams on your uv - because you use those edgeloops as guides to make your uv. I'm agreeing with you that proper edge flows are important, for more reasons than one. I learn from mistakes, and o boy have i made some doozies !! lol

I was cutting up uv's / multi layer in a way that I could change the characters clothing textures, I had to align the edges so they would cut up correctly. of course if your whole edge flow is correct, then it's not a problem.....but when you use the auto retopo on 3Dcoat, and the edge loop is spiraling down the character, It looks nice, but there is no straight connecting lines to make such a seam. Then came the auto-topo symmetry bug, which symmetry would have fixed it, but added a new issue.

Edited

Reading This Topic