Unreal Realtime Rendering

Posted By Magique 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Magique (9/10/2014)

Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying. If you take something like UE4 as the core and then add all the things that make iClone unique and easy to use then you'd have a winning product in every regard. But they keep just trying to build their own rendering layer instead of focusing on what makes the product unique and special.

Many a time, RL has surprised us with their developmental approach. So I would like to trust them. But resource allocation for an off-line rendering may not be such a great idea. They may offer some kind of plug-in / Pipeline for a stand alone rendering engine. The pipeline to DAZ for character development and prop import was brilliant. It extended the capability keeping its core strength in animation and rendering intact.

ICLONE would be a major attraction for individual animators and small studios who are "bugged down by the rendering timeline".

It must aggressively poach into the game engines and acquire their powerful Physics, cloth, hair and large city level asset management capabilities.

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I understand the desire for wanting a better this or that. but if you guys are trying to get rid of the real time rendering. I won't go for that at all. the real time rendering is why I purchased iclone from the start. I want to see it before I convert it to video. I want to see what the results of my labor before I waste time rendering it to video. the current real time rendering saves time. and work. Angry

vidius
tylerzambori
tylerzambori
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Magique (9/10/2014)
I should add that you only pay the 5% royalty after your first $3,000 of sales. So, tell me, how many times have your films made over $3,000 so far? If so, congratulations.

You know, simply correcting me was enough. No need to inject the appeal to authority
which has nothing to do with anything.

If you wanted to get back at me for saying that you were misleading people, You could have simply dissed me for jumping to that conclusion.

I know of somebody who made his own complete feature length animated film, 3 times, and then eventually faced the fact that he can't write. So now he's making games.

So that articular appeal to authority doesn't really work with me.

Thanks for the info though.

"I am not a senior anything."
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

In praise of Unreal Engine :

I love toon shaded animations. And as a matter of chance I came across this Toon Shaded Game (3d) for Sony Playstation developed with Unreal Engine.

The clue is from the official Unreal Engine Demo :

Edited
10 Years Ago by prabhatM
Magique
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
tylerzambori (9/10/2014)

You know, simply correcting me was enough. No need to inject the appeal to authority
which has nothing to do with anything.

If you wanted to get back at me for saying that you were misleading people, You could have simply dissed me for jumping to that conclusion.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be as harsh as it may have sounded. But why are you calling that appeal to authority? I didn't appeal to any authority. I was just pointing out the harsh reality that most of us are just dreaming about making anything off of our stuff and most never do. I know I never made anything off my stuff and God knows I've tried. I never even recouped expenses. lol.

Magique
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mr_vidius (9/10/2014)
I understand the desire for wanting a better this or that. but if you guys are trying to get rid of the real time rendering. I won't go for that at all. the real time rendering is why I purchased iclone from the start. I want to see it before I convert it to video. I want to see what the results of my labor before I waste time rendering it to video. the current real time rendering saves time. and work. Angry

vidius

I think maybe you didn't understand the thread very clearly. I was pointing out that Unreal 4 has absolutely amazing, advanced realtime rendering and that Reallusion should consider adopting that technology instead of re-inventing the wheel. However, I have definitely been wanting an offline software renderer for iClone simply because their realtime rendering is just bad. And they are giving us that. But then you look at Unreal 4 and you see realtime being done probably better than what we'll get with iClone 6 offline rendering.

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Magique (9/10/2014)
I was pointing out that Unreal 4 has absolutely amazing, advanced realtime rendering and that Reallusion should consider adopting that technology instead of re-inventing the wheel. However, I have definitely been wanting an offline software renderer for iClone simply because their realtime rendering is just bad. And they are giving us that. But then you look at Unreal 4 and you see realtime being done probably better than what we'll get with iClone 6 offline rendering.

The quality of Realtime Rendering in Unreal Engine and Cry Engine is fantastic. That quality in ICLONE would make the programme so desirable !
Magique
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

prabhatM (9/10/2014)

The quality of Realtime Rendering in Unreal Engine and Cry Engine is fantastic. That quality in ICLONE would make the programme so desirable !

Exactly!

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I tried UDK3 month ago because their rendering and yes , it is amazing...BUT!!!!
2 hours to learn how to make a simple camera travelling with their bloody "matinee".
Iclone take 3 clicks :
1-Add camera
2-slide the timeline cursor
3-move the camera
That's it!!!!
Today they call "matinee" : "Blueprint" but is sooooo complicated for simple things.
I see lot of new realtime software pumping out and I can assure you that Iclone is faaar in front
with their "drag'n'drop" philosophy.
Yes , Iclone is an 8 years old engine but seems it will be very improvement update because they'll implement the Substance technology like UDK4....
Did you notice that UDK , cry engine, Unity, etc... make their marketing on cinematic but those tools are seriously not optimize for cinematic ....
I feel confident with Iclone 6 Tongue
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
There's something to be said for convenience...Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic