Profile Picture

Real Time Performance Animation

Posted By steve_2014090514430515 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
steve_2014090514430515
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I'm the new kid on the block, I did a search but came up empty. I produce content for corporate business meetings and I want to be able to add a live animated real time character to my computer output. In true "producer" fashion I have an idea but no skills... I need brains, hands and hearts to make it happen. I'm looking for insights, and people who have experience doing live performance work. Anyone here?

I want to do live real time output for corporate business events, it seems iClone might be the solution.

I'm the classic "producer" type... I see an application but I know I have neither the computer or acting bones to be able to implement the idea.

I'm looking for someone who does have the skills to create and act characters in real time.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
This question comes up know and then, and from what I understand you want to produce animated output in real-time.

Such that you would be able to manipulate a character in real-time and then stream it via a web page or in a life performance.

Unfortunately, iClone is not yet able to do that. The real-time aspect comes into play when previewing content while creating it. However, the final rendering into a video is an additional step, which is often fast, but not real-time.

What you seem to be looking for is a kind of Second Life for business. I used to work for a company that offers something like that. More info here: http://avayalive.com/Engage/. There is a free demo you can download.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
You may want to check these others out if this is more the type of output you are looking for
http://facewaretech.com/products/software/realtime-live/
https://www.mixamo.com/faceplus
http://www.faceshift.com/
And this is just for realtime face tracking, then you still have body and hand tracking to go, with their many methods, such as IMU, RGB, Depth, IR LED. The list goes on and on depending on your budget requirements, there are however free SDKs that require hardcore algorithm programming, but if your search landed you here, the latter is obviously not an option.
Next you'll need a realtime 3D engine application with plugin support capabilities, to feed the output to, which I won't plug those companies here because some or their features I feel compete directly with RL and there's quite few. This is indeed a deep rabbit hole.... red pill or blue pill Mr. Anderson?HeheBigGrin

I usually charge a consultation fee for this kind of IP, because this type of interactive realtime 3d tech display method is bleeding edge, so expect to pay a premium for this type of implementation where ever you seek. Unless your a hardcore software programmer.w00t

Simply put... I wish iClone did this. Maybe, someday young grasshopper.Winkw00tw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Edited
10 Years Ago by Sifr
steve_2014090514430515
steve_2014090514430515
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the insights. The first time I saw real time character performance animation was 20+ years ago and the output then was lower rez then the current real time preview in iClone! In fact, if there was a way to drive the characters mouth in real time with external audio input... the video output in preview is more than adequate.

Is there a way to disable the perspective "floor" in preview?

Thanks again for your insights.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
steve_2014090514430515 (9/10/2014)

Is there a way to disable the perspective "floor" in preview?

If you're talking about the GRID... Ctrl-G will toggle it on and off.

It can also be set in your Preferences.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If you mean that shadow that's there, click on the light in the lower left corner where the current objects in the scene are listed. The light settings will show up in the right panel. Go to Shadow and change it to either Self-cast or Off.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic