Grouping Props.

Posted By stevew 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
1. Is it possible to group props together so I can easily move them around without having to individually select them each time.

2. Also if I select several of the same prop can I change the diffuse image on all of them at the same time. When I select a few and try it only changes the first one.

Cheers

SteveW
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
stevew (7/24/2014)
1. Is it possible to group props together so I can easily move them around without having to individually select them each time.

2. Also if I select several of the same prop can I change the diffuse image on all of them at the same time. When I select a few and try it only changes the first one.

Cheers

SteveW

Using the "Attach" or "Link" function will allow you to attach any number of objects to another object and move them all at once. And, if you choose, you can make that "Parent" object a "Dummy" object and it will be invisible upon rendering. Also with the "Link" function you can link objects to an Avatar and the avatar will move the linked objects as the avatar moves.

As far as changing the color on multiple objects at once I haven't figured that out...maybe someone else has.Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
1)........................& - Dragging Mouse Pointer across the group of Props creating a selection box,  selects them all. Then move via the Move Tool/Gizmo

2) Using the Prop Multi-Duplicate Tool - All duplicates inherit changes made to the original. Just create 1 Prop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It is not possible to change the diffuse of multiple props at one time - even if they have been duplicated. You can make adjustments to the diffuse of duplicated props by adjusting the Brightness/Contrast/Hue/Saturation of the "Master" Prop, but if you want to apply a new diffuse to each duplicate then this must be done one prop at a time.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

stevew
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)

Hi,

I just created a new cube and used multiple duplicate and now have 4 cubes.

I changed the diffuse and colour of the original and no changes happened on the duplicates.

The same is true if resized.

Cheers

SteveW
stevew
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks,

I used the attach method and it works okay.

Cheers

SteveW
stevew
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cheers Gerry,

I found I had to select Affect all materials in the Materials setting.

Cheers

SteveW

Reading This Topic