Create throw of dices.

Posted By stevew 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
stevew
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Guys,

I am trying to do the following.

I have created 3 3D dice shaped objects and imported in via 3DExchange as props.

1 dice has A on all sides.
1 dice has B on all sides.
1 dice has C on all sides.

A is on the left
B is in the Middle
C is on the right

I need to drop them one at a time. B - C - A using physics.
They roll down a plane bounce and halt in the order B-C-A

I then need to animate them being sorted in the same order.

I have the scene setup with an angle floor and a flat floor.

The dice are in the air.
When I start the animation the drop and I have set the physics so they don't bounce too much and therefore don't re-order.

I tried adding a floor in the air that they sit on and animate the floor to the right so the drop down one at a time but I cannot animate the floor.

Also I cannot edit / move any of the dice once the physics have finished.

How can I achieve this please?

Cheers

SteveW
sumthinwong
sumthinwong
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Contact Cricky he may be able to help you.

All arts is political, otherwise it would just be decoration. And all artists have something to say, otherwise they'd make shoes.

Earl of Oxford

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I tried without success to see if I could do this.

I even experimented with sitting the dice on the edge of a floor and dropping physics spheres from three different heights to make them topple down one after the other.  (The spheres could have been made invisible).

A couple of ideas to try (they aren't ideal).

1  use three dice falling from different heights and have three dice sitting at the top of the slope.

Switch invisibility on and off (with the opacity slider ?) so that each falling dice appears just as the sitting dice disappears.  I'm not saying this can be done but it might be a last thing to try.

or else:

2  Make the floor the dice are sitting on slanted and give the three dice different friction settings so that when the physics simulation starts they will slide off at different rates.

I think the problem you've set yourself might not be possible.  Physics simulations take over animation so that the floor can't slide away and all dice start to fall together.

I wonder whether you could 'launch' each dice in turn by hitting it over the edge of the floor by a sphere 'fired' towards it?

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Here is a quick attempt at my last suggestion:

Make each sphere move at different speeds and then make them invisible.
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I really have no idea what you are trying to do. But this is what I thought of...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
stevew (7/18/2014)
Hi Guys,

I am trying to do the following.

I have created 3 3D dice shaped objects and imported in via 3DExchange as props.

1 dice has A on all sides.
1 dice has B on all sides.
1 dice has C on all sides.

A is on the left
B is in the Middle
C is on the right

I need to drop them one at a time. B - C - A using physics.
They roll down a plane bounce and halt in the order B-C-A

I then need to animate them being sorted in the same order.

I have the scene setup with an angle floor and a flat floor.

The dice are in the air.
When I start the animation the drop and I have set the physics so they don't bounce too much and therefore don't re-order.

I tried adding a floor in the air that they sit on and animate the floor to the right so the drop down one at a time but I cannot animate the floor.

Also I cannot edit / move any of the dice once the physics have finished.

How can I achieve this please?

Cheers

SteveW

How you get the dice to the floor is a matter of choice...and in agreement with Mark's comments, I am also not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish.

In this clip the Cubes, Blocks, Die, whatever you wish to name them, were basically dropped from the Sky in a dynamic state, and once they provided the animation I was looking for I changed their Rigid State to Static than saved them with their animation applied.

They were introduced to a new project, and the Rigid physics were completely turned off. This allowed me to use the already applied physics, and position them where I wanted them.

The Six sides on the ones shown here are separate maps, so they can be anything I want them to be. I applied a few examples, with Displacement maps, some with UV offset changes and one with an embedded video of Frying eggs and bacon (also Physics Based).

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "

Reading This Topic