Profile Picture

Face animation pipeline question.

Posted By litow 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
litow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
My current work flow is taking a model from Daz3d just the skin. Make clothing hair and props in Maya. Then Put it in Daz. Then again export everything and set up control rig in maya. After all of that export it in to iclone. Blend shapes for face is done for me thanks to daz. I will then use human IK in Maya.

I would like to animate the bodys in maya and the face in iclone. How would I go about doing this?

litow
litow
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I am guessing no one know how or maybe ono one understands the question..

How would I animate the face only in iclone then export that to maya so that i can do any body animations in maya.

OR

Animate in Maya then export that to Iclone to do the facial aniamtions. (Then I can export that to maya for rendering.)

Option 2 Sounds better to me, but i may be wrong.

Can I do all of this by exporting FBX. Would this work the way i am saying it? Is there something that I am missing.

Edited
10 Years Ago by litow
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
How would I animate the face only in iclone then export that to maya so that i can do any body animations in maya.

I would only animate the face Wink

Animate in Maya then export that to Iclone to do the facial aniamtions. (Then I can export that to maya for rendering.)

You can import in iClone bone and transform animations too

what have you tried so far, what does not work ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
10 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic