Posted By animagic 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Whistling
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
For some reason an overzealous person decided to change the cateory that was called Cafeteria to Lobby and in the process delete several useful subfora...Crazy

This came to light when Stuckon3D's tutorials could no longer be found, which used to reside in the Freebie section of the Cafetaria.

If you're curious, the following link gives you a recent snapshot of the forum: https://web.archive.org/web/20140625112837/https://forum.reallusion.com/default.aspx.

On that date (June 25) all was well...Cool

Maybe Peter (RL) can explain what's going on. Cleaning the store is one thing, but the forum is something else...Angry

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
A complete Thread seems to be missing that included some uncomplimentary Posts, including mine, Job Ermm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

We'll see what Peter (RL) has to say about this...Unsure

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago

Tongue

Surely to rename an entire forum means going into the admin backoffice and to do that you need that access UN and PW.

Also, just in case it's overlooked, in most places a Lobby is a small reception area of a hotel.
Where as a cafeteria is a social gathering place.

The two don't really sit similarly together as alternatives!!!!!  Just my thoughts. 

Armstrong. 

iClonia.com           iCloneTutorials.com         iClonia Blog

Edited
10 Years Ago by Armstrong
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
It makes sense to me, we've been asking Reallusion for things to be more professional... and it's looking more professional Cool -fixes tie-

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (7/4/2014)
For some reason an overzealous person decided to change the cateory that was called Cafeteria to Lobby and in the process delete several useful subfora...Crazy

This came to light when Stuckon3D's tutorials could no longer be found, which used to reside in the Freebie section of the Cafetaria.

If you're curious, the following link gives you a recent snapshot of the forum: https://web.archive.org/web/20140625112837/https://forum.reallusion.com/default.aspx.

On that date (June 25) all was well...Cool

Maybe Peter (RL) can explain what's going on. Cleaning the store is one thing, but the forum is something else...Angry

Unfortunately over a long period of time the forum does become cluttered with too many sub-forums, pinned threads etc. and a little spring cleaning was in in order to improve overall performance.

I didn't make the changes myself so can't be sure what has been removed. If you know of any important threads that seem to have disappeared, please let me know and I'll look into it. The missing threads may actually have just been moved elsewhere.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, thanks for responding. I mentioned it, because things that are useful or relevant were suddenly found missing.

An important one is the Freebie forum, as it had a lot of useful stuff in it, including Stuckon3Ds free tutorials, which are still relevant.

Then there is the Forum where Wolf and Dulci announced their show among others, and also contained other announcements related to what we are doing. We need a forum like that as well. 

I think reorganizing is a good thing in itself, but just removing whole parts is not a very elegant solution.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
animagic (7/10/2014)
Peter, thanks for responding. I mentioned it, because things that are useful or relevant were suddenly found missing.

An important one is the Freebie forum, as it had a lot of useful stuff in it, including Stuckon3Ds free tutorials, which are still relevant.

Then there is the Forum where Wolf and Dulci announced their show among others, and also contained other announcements related to what we are doing. We need a forum like that as well. 

I think reorganizing is a good thing in itself, but just removing whole parts is not a very elegant solution.

Hi Animagic,

I finally found the problem you guys were having. It seems that when the changes were made, whoever did it also made changes to the permission sets meaning that while I could still see the Forum Freebie forum, everyone else couldn't. I have now set it correctly so please check if you can access it in the Lobby section. I have also pinned StuckOn3D's two tutorial threads to make them easier to find.

For the "Friendship With Reallusion" forum where Dulci and Wolf posted their announcements, this can now be found under the "Newbie Say Hello" forum (not sure why). You can find it below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Forum42-1.aspx

Please do let me know if you find anything else missing (or not displaying).

Apologies for all the confusion.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic