Genesis1 character

Posted By dragonrider 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cry
dragonrider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Can anyone tell me what is considered a Genesis1 character. I tried exporting Aiko5 with the facial viseme added to the character using the iclone facial pipeline duf file. it took over 3 hrs to load and then when I tried to open the file in 3dexchange it would not work. Thanx for any help!!!!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi dragonrider,

lol, i know the feeling.

basically this is what i've learned about it -

each one of their brand lines has a different mesh, and sometimes different bone structures, uv and weight maps. These bone structures are weight mapped to the mesh - so each morph has to be the same size as the mesh it's morphing in order to function correctly.

So now, certain assets are made for certain meshes - some of daz's products use the same mesh under a different name - so all things genesis 1 work for it. for example, mr hyde - which is just a morph.

On the one hand, as computers increase in power, they can handle bigger meshes - so you increase your product quality - on the other hand, maybe they simply want to start a new line of mesh, to refresh their product line and start from scratch with new morphs, textures and uv maps so another line with tons of product isn't compatible.

from this understanding, you have to seek out any information on their compatibilities to see if they used a genesis 1 mesh, or started a new line with a higher face count mesh.

Brilliant marketing strategy if you really think about it. confusing to those who don't know, frustrating to those who do, and fun for those who can afford to not really care lol.

Cheers Smile

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

textures are the main culprit, namely bump, displacent and normal maps.
try doing it again with none loaded just diffuse.
also frame rate, set it ti 1fps and you get 57 frames with all the data you need for the facial animation duf file to work.
Aiko5 is genesis1 and I have several versions of her in iClone but I use 64bit too I might add.
Also reduce resolution and sub div you can also on export if embedding textures scale them down, most over 4096x4096 2048x2048 is sufficient
Also if too big to export the dialogue will not come up and 3dx5 freezes so using send to iclone on the right window first before trying this is often a good idea.

tq.linux
tq.linux
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi!(^^)/

I also converted Aiko5 after a long time.
In a setup of the sample pictures,The FBX output took 30 minutes
and 3DX5's FBX Import took 5 minutes.
(All my software is 32Bit.)

I am wishing solution of your trouble.
Attachments
G1_FBX_SETTING.jpg (182 views, 111.00 KB)
Aiko5+DUF+AnimSet.jpg (169 views, 90.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
dragonrider (7/2/2014)
Can anyone tell me what is considered a Genesis1 character. I tried exporting Aiko5 with the facial viseme added to the character using the iclone facial pipeline duf file. it took over 3 hrs to load and then when I tried to open the file in 3dexchange it would not work. Thanx for any help!!!!

Aiko5, Victoria 5, Michael 5 are all Genesis 1 characters. As Wendy says, when exporting Daz Studio Genesis characters with the iCloneFaceKey.DUF file applied, do make sure you set the frame rate on the Daz Studio Timeline to 1. This will greatly reduce the export times.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dragonrider
dragonrider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)

Thank you Wendy for the tip on the frame rate. it really does drastically reduce the load time. I am however still having the problem of my 3Dexchange crashing when i try to open the file. This only happens when I send the figure over using the Iclone facial animation duf file. it does not crash when I send the figure over without the duf file. I also have 64 bit version. I am using the export button to send. I am confused as to why this is not working. Thanx againUnsure
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

do you mean 3dx crashes when you import the FBX or when you export it to iClone?
if the first,
1) make sure export subdiv is NOT checked in the Daz studio FBX export window.
2) try removing bump and displacement maps as I suggested, you can select all by holding shift and it will say multiple in surfaces, change it to none.
3) search forum here for largeaddressaware or LAA there is an exe mod you can use on 3dxchange to make it use more RAM, Techpowerup forums also have one. It can also be done on the program file in notepad I believe.

if crashing exporting to iClone, try send to iclone on right panel then save it to your content, put iClone in wireframe mode to make importing easier.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

wendyluvscatz (7/3/2014)
3) search forum here for largeaddressaware or LAA there is an exe mod you can use on 3dxchange to make it use more RAM, Techpowerup forums also have one. It can also be done on the program file in notepad I believe.

One such option is the 4GB patch, found here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php. It also works great for 32-bit iClone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
dragonrider (7/2/2014)
Thank you Wendy for the tip on the frame rate. it really does drastically reduce the load time. I am however still having the problem of my 3Dexchange crashing when i try to open the file. This only happens when I send the figure over using the Iclone facial animation duf file. it does not crash when I send the figure over without the duf file. I also have 64 bit version. I am using the export button to send. I am confused as to why this is not working. Thanx againUnsure

Obviously this shouldn't be happening. If 3DXchange5 is crashing when you open every FBX file containing the iCloneFaceKey.Duf file, then please contact Technical Support using the link below. For a quicker resolution, please include your dxdiag.txt file and the FBX file causing you problems. You can supply a download link or we can supply you an FTP address to upload the file if you prefer.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dragonrider
dragonrider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Wendy, thanx again!!! I unchecked the subdivision box like you suggested. My 3dexchange no longer crashes when I use the facial animation duf file.BigGrinw00t Now its on to playing with my Iclone5 and seeing what it can do. Have a grt 4th of July.

Reading This Topic